Thread: Reluctant sale
View Single Post
Old 30-11-11, 06:31 PM   #5
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the comments and advice guys.

If the stupid new insurance rules didn't apply theres no way I would sell it as I have driveway space to park it but I just cannot justify having it insured and taxed all year round if it is only being used on a track, and I really cant be bothered to have to insure and tax every time I want to use it, then trade in the tax and cancel the insurance the day after. Its bad enough having to have one car thats a toy insured all the time.

When I had my 220 turbo my main car was a Cinquecento. When I wanted to use the Rover I just used to phone the insurance company, say I wanted a couple of days insurance or so and it cost me about 11 quid. Then the car would go back in the garage for a couple of months or so until I needed it again and just phoned the insurance company again when it was needed!!

You just cant do that now and it means that people who like to have a lot of cars, like me, need a crapload of money to be able to have lots of cars, which I dont!!!