View Single Post
Old 14-04-13, 07:46 PM   #35
Ricwin
Site Supporter

Ricwin is on a distinguished road
Not had an update for a while, but with PoL this month I booked a week off work and got on with some jobs.

Replaced the bulbs with an Ebay special multipack from Aceparts. Four H7's, two H11's and two 501's. All with a nice crisp white light.

A few months ago I found a splitter on Ebay for £30 + P&P; £200 cheaper than Rimmer Bro's. Finally got round to sanding and spraying it just to find out its a fibreglass copy and slightly larger than standard; it protrudes into the wheel arch about 1cm each end. Fitted it to the bumper on Thursday then put that back on the car on Friday ready for PoL on Saturday. For my first real attempt at spraying anything, I think it looks ok. Its not perfect but I wasn't expecting perfect from a couple of rattle cans and 1200g wet & dry. The car looks like a 180 now though.

Replaced the front and rear MG badges with some new inserts. The originals were looking very worn and faded. The new ones are black and silver, and combined with the black mesh certainly make the front end look more striking. I bought them from MGbadges.com along with a tax disc holder.

The tailgate has been de-wipered because it was just bugging me. Its not as though the wiper was faulty, but looking at it across the rear spoiler put me in mind of a crosshair which was out of place. It had to go.
I covered the hole with a ZR favourite: Tap hole stopper, from B&Q. It was chrome effect but I've colour coded it to match the car. Its not exactly noticeable anyway, but the rear end looks tidier now without the wiper.

Heres some pictures.

First of all is the car before PoL. It was washed and 'detailed' on Monday, this pic was taken on Friday after the bumper + splitter was put back on. I'm not impressed with Zymol Glasur.

The next few are at PoL. Pics taken by the MG-Rover.org Merseyside Meet Photographer

Last edited by Ricwin; 14-04-13 at 07:56 PM.
Ricwin is offline   Reply With Quote