PDA

View Full Version : Taken the plunge.........again!!

Spannermonkey
16-11-09, 08:53 AM
Some of you may know that I used to be in a band, touring all england, and doing the cruise ships in the 80s and 90s.
When that finished, I went solo for a few years, doing the working mens clubs with my keyboard and guitar on a fri and sat night earning a few shekels singing.
I met Zena, and then lost my daytime job, and things were tight for a bit until I found another one, so i gave it up for a bit, which lasted 2 and a half years!! Went to Torquay this weekend, got asked to do a few numbers by the resident duo cos he had a sore throat, and LOVED IT!! I'm hooked again, so with Zena's blessing, am going back to it again. Too late for the xmas party scene this year, (not ready with new material) but expecting to start Feb for the easter wedding season 2010. Gonna do 60s to 90s music, A-ha.....spandau ballet.........ABC........everlys.....beatles..... shadows........all the favorites, with some new ones like michael buble and jason mraz, david gray, james blunt, paulo nutini etc, but excited about it now, and cant wait.
Any events coming up for any of you.........."mates rates" or better.:band:

Jay-ZS+
16-11-09, 09:06 AM
A-ha.....spandau ballet.........ABC........everlys.....beatles..... shadows........all the favorites, with some new ones like michael buble and jason mraz, david gray, james blunt, paulo nutini etc,

Who?? Must be my youth :rofl: hope it goes well for you, theres not enough live music in pubs now! I played the guitar for a good 7+ years but havent touched it for a while and sold it to go to uni, wish I hadnt as miss jamming now and then :(

stamford
16-11-09, 09:36 AM
Excellent news! Nothing better than doing that, I used to do the same back in the early 80's, great fun!

peterzs
16-11-09, 09:51 AM
Wish you all the best, sounds like fun, but I know its all hard work, have you got any big hotels up near you?

Bournemouth has loads and a lot of them have live entertainment, or get in with them when they do their wedding packet.

You will have to get a CD out as well, I know that all the live groups sell thier CDs and seem to rake in a bit of cash at the end of their gigs.

Good spread of music, I like the first line up, Jay would go for the newer ones, so you've got that covered.

:band::band::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jay-ZS+
16-11-09, 10:18 AM
Good spread of music, I like the first line up, Jay would go for the newer ones, so you've got that covered.

I knew who they all are pete just on a wind up! lol Personally id pefer the older stuff, bit of beatles, trex, Clapton you'd be surprised whats on the old ipod ;)

Phate
16-11-09, 10:25 AM
If you need a photographer mate.... ;)

Sounds good though, hope it works out for you :)

peterzs
16-11-09, 10:42 AM
Hi Jay,
Four Tops, Beach Boys, ZZ Top, Queen, Mealoaf, I think its what you grow up with, but to me all the new groups seem the same. Last CD I got was the Four Seasons with Frankie Valley, not that long ago.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Spannermonkey
16-11-09, 11:26 AM
Photos are integral to my plans, mate. Will need some promo stuff done asap after xmas, will be in touch with you if you are interested..........

As for music, you have to please a lot of people a lot of the time, not yourself, so will be playing what they want, not what i like.
But...............will get as much as i can of what i like in there if I can!!
thanks for all the good wishes!!!!!

Mike.

Phate
16-11-09, 11:43 AM
Photos are integral to my plans, mate. Will need some promo stuff done asap after xmas, will be in touch with you if you are interested..........

Sure am :) - Specially as I had more studio goodies turn up today :D