PDA

View Full Version : My new car....

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 06:47 PM
Sorry guys that i didn't buy another MG but i think i've done quite well owning a zs 180 for 8 years. So heres my new car. It's a BMW M3 Coupe in Titanium Silver with a Hanmann body kit and Hanmann split rim wheels. 2002 model with only 30,000 miles on the clock. It is immaculate inside and out. Put a couple of pictures on here for you to look at. And no i won't end up like one of those ar#ehole bmw drivers. Hope you like. Gonna get rid of the tinted windows as soon as i take reciept of the car. Too pimpy.

Hope i'm still welcome on this site in the future.:smile2:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/DSC00109.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/DSC00110.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/DSC00112.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/murray203ps/DSC00111.jpg

Phate
18-11-09, 06:49 PM
Wheels suck, rest of the car is awesome though :)

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 06:54 PM
Wheels suck, rest of the car is awesome though :)

Thats exactly what i thought when i first looked at the car for sale, but omg you should see them in the flesh phate. I was in the process of finding a set of re-furbed original m3 alloys until i found out the price of the Hanmann alloys. 3,897 quid for a wheel and tyre package. I was nearly sick when i found out.LOL. Honestly they look really nice up close. Not a blemish on them either.

Phate
18-11-09, 07:00 PM
hehe cool. If you want some photos doing just cover my diesel and I'll come and do them for you :)

Supercharged_Z
18-11-09, 07:01 PM
m3's!!!

my experience is

Do not doubt untill you have tried, they are 100000000x better than any zs, with lots of luxury's, power and looks.

yes some claim to beat them, and they dont give huge confidence around corners but there is a smile factor no mg owner will understand.

Jay-ZS+
18-11-09, 07:04 PM
Nice! whats that pushing out ? like the front end. check the indicators work though mate! common fault with bmws lol

Phate
18-11-09, 07:04 PM
m3's!!!

my experience is

Do not doubt untill you have tried, they are 100000000x better than any zs, with lots of luxury's, power and looks.

yes some claim to beat them, and they dont give huge confidence around corners but there is a smile factor no mg owner will understand

Don't be so sure about that. I know lots of BMW owners and have been in a very fast M3 CSL ride - bloody good cars :)

Do nothing for me though!

Supercharged_Z
18-11-09, 07:09 PM
Don't be so sure about that. I know lots of BMW owners and have been in a very fast M3 CSL ride - bloody good cars :)

i have used m3's a few times, and infact my friend lent me his while i was made redundant a while ago.

it was a ****** to fuel, but drive one for a week, see how you feel, its a different car then

Phate
18-11-09, 07:18 PM
i have used m3's a few times, and infact my friend lent me his while i was made redundant a while ago.

it was a ****** to fuel, but drive one for a week, see how you feel, its a different car then

I've driven several. Had a 330i for 3 days when a friend went on holiday and asked me to look after it. Been in an M3 and a CSL. Like I said, fantastic cars but they just do nothing for me.

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 07:20 PM

TBH Jake they're not my most favorite car, but when i took it for a test drive. OMG what a difference from all my other cars i've owned. And as i know my zs was as quick as an M3(albeit with the nos on) so the speed is nothing new. Just as the other post said i'm at the stage in my life where it's time for a bit more luxury. With some speed as well.LOL

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 07:21 PM
Nice! whats that pushing out ? like the front end. check the indicators work though mate! common fault with bmws lol

It's pretty standard tbh Jay. I think they're 343bhp standard. It's been chipped by superchips and de-restricted. Theoretical top speed of 293 kph.

Supercharged_Z
18-11-09, 07:22 PM
TBH Jake they're not my most favorite car, but when i took it for a test drive. OMG what a difference from all my other cars i've owned. And as i know my zs was as quick as an M3(albeit with the nos on) so the speed is nothing new. Just as the other post said i'm at the stage in my life where it's time for a bit more luxury. With some speed as well.LOL

exactly

my zs would keep with a m3, up to about 110mph. then the m3 was pulling away. but my zs was no normal car but hte m3 was.

different lifestyle, i diddnt want to like the m3, but i would own one given the choice

Phate
18-11-09, 07:25 PM
I've already said I've driven one *confused*

Like I say fantastic cars, do nothing for me though :)

Anyway, this discussion isn't for this thread. Let's keep it on track.

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 07:30 PM
exactly

my zs would keep with a m3, up to about 110mph. then the m3 was pulling away. but my zs was no normal car but hte m3 was.

different lifestyle, i diddnt want to like the m3, but i would own one given the choice

Yeah it's nice being able to go fast without knowing your putting undue strain on the engine. I'll see how long it takes me to get the modifying bug again.LOL

stamford
18-11-09, 07:42 PM
Will be a massive change, there is no comparison between any BMW and an MG imo. I'm not a lover of BMW's as I prefer Mercs but each to their own. I'm sure you'll be enjoying it Murray and forgetting the ZS. You know you are more than welcome to pop in.

R1CSO
18-11-09, 07:54 PM
How much did it set you back mate?

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 07:55 PM
Will be a massive change, there is no comparison between any BMW and an MG imo. I'm not a lover of BMW's as I prefer Mercs but each to their own. I'm sure you'll be enjoying it Murray and forgetting the ZS. You know you are more than welcome to pop in.

Cheers Mick. Just time for a change really.And yes i'm going to enjoy it.

KevG
18-11-09, 08:00 PM
Same age as this

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1018156109

and that is £9750 on an 02plate

KevG
18-11-09, 08:07 PM
Date of Liability 01 04 2010
Date of First Registration 26 04 2002
Year of Manufacture 2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3246CC
CO2 Emissions 287g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval M1
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £118.25
12 Months Rate £215.00

KevG
18-11-09, 08:13 PM
Or you could have this and have plenty of cash to play with

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1001152562

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 08:20 PM
Or you could have this and have plenty of cash to play with

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1001152562

No thank you, no more kev.8 years owning them is enough. Thats a nice m3. what sort of milage did it have on it for that money. Can't believe i misssed that one.

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 08:23 PM
How much did it set you back mate?

I'm paying 14k for it. I know it's an old model but it's like a new car. Mint all over with Frikin expensive wheels on it if i fancy crawling some money back.:happy:

Dan1971
18-11-09, 08:23 PM
If I were you, I'd be selling those wheels mate ..... Don't like them.

I really like that shape coupe. I'd not have an M3 though. 330i Auto in Milano Red with black leather. That'd do me fine.

Hope to see it in the flesh passing me at Brands at some point.

Just hope it proves more reliable for you !

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Dan1971;127820]If I were you, I'd be selling those wheels mate ..... Don't like them.

I really like that shape coupe. I'd not have an M3 though. 330i Auto in Milano Red with black leather. That'd do me fine.

Hope to see it in the flesh passing me at Brands at some point.

Just hope it proves more reliable for you

Oh yeah will defo sling it around the track a bit in the summer before i head of to Germany again.:smile2:

Dave ZS-X
18-11-09, 08:35 PM
awesome looking car imo, like the wheels too tbh.
certainly a big step up from a zs, brilliant all round road car but having seen so many on track i couldnt have one unless it was a csl as they just dont do what you would expect from an M car, and regardless of all its other qualities for me its got to have the go to match the looks.
Cracking car though and im nit picking, im sure you will have a ball in it.

Dave

Murray203ps
18-11-09, 08:50 PM
awesome looking car imo, like the wheels too tbh.
certainly a big step up from a zs, brilliant all round road car but having seen so many on track i couldnt have one unless it was a csl as they just dont do what you would expect from an M car, and regardless of all its other qualities for me its got to have the go to match the looks.
Cracking car though and im nit picking, im sure you will have a ball in it.

Dave

Yeah couldn't have put it better myself dave. Not buying it for track use. Want something i can go long distances at speed without worrying that the engines struggling. As i mentioned in another post the pictures really don't do the wheels justice. I didn't think i was going to like em from pictures but when i saw them in the flesh they grew on me.:clap:

stamford
19-11-09, 07:32 AM
I like the wheels, old school looks and suits it really well.

arwilson80
19-11-09, 08:41 AM
Hope i'm still welcome on this site in the future.:smile2:

In a BMW....

...well OK then. ;)

Never a fan of BMW's TBH, but i do like the shape of the 3 & 5 series.

Yampiedog
19-11-09, 04:53 PM
I would have one tomorrow subject to finances but the thought of changing the plugs puts me off completely. I think they are harder than on the ZS. The rear two cylinders are pretty much under the dashboard!

Dave MGT
20-11-09, 08:27 PM
Nice M3 Murry... not keen on the wheels and bling bits but cracking car!!!
Funny as i have been looking at M3 recently...... They are very tempting. A lot of car for the money now......umm next year maybe...

Took a 54 plate 330 petrol conv out the otherday at it was soooo slow!!! couldnt belive it. Its got to be a m3!

steetee
20-11-09, 08:46 PM
Love the car, looks like you've got a good example.

I agree with the others, change the wheels to proper M3 wheels and your on to a winner.

Have fun with the new car :o)

SharronB
20-11-09, 09:11 PM
Arghh! Please dont turn into the usual Knobend BM driver! lol

KevG
21-11-09, 11:23 PM
BMW drivers arent knobends now, that is the new role of Audi drivers, as per JC on Top Gear!

rozzr
22-11-09, 01:24 AM
wow, that is one hell of a car! some serious alloys on that thing.

very, very nice! i may well be looking at e46 coupes soon myself, albeit a smaller more insurance friendly engined one! Though the ZS 180 still is calling me haha.

get some pics up of the interior too!

Murray203ps
22-11-09, 11:24 AM
wow, that is one hell of a car! some serious alloys on that thing.

very, very nice! i may well be looking at e46 coupes soon myself, albeit a smaller more insurance friendly engined one! Though the ZS 180 still is calling me haha.

get some pics up of the interior too!
Yeah will do. As soon as i get the car i'll take some pics of the interior. It's just as clean as the outside. Even still got that new car smell.LOL.:mml:

Dan1971
22-11-09, 06:25 PM
BMW drivers arent knobends now, that is the new role of Audi drivers, as per JC on Top Gear!

That's a relief ... Gone from Audi to BMW for the family car recently .... phew.

Maxxed_Ross
23-11-09, 07:02 AM
That looks a cracker... but it needs some big rims on it!

http://www.alloywheels.com/uploads/images_products/1972.jpg

Taphouse
24-11-09, 09:44 AM
I've recently changed from a ZR 160 to a E46 323ci coupe, and i love it! Its a little a boring at times, but what its does do is qualitly and confort very well. I found this forum very helpful and UK based, might be worth a try. www.e46zone.com

Oh and if you were to chnage the alloys (which I can tell you aren't) BBS LM's are they only choice! :whistle:

Jay-ZS+
24-11-09, 01:00 PM
So how is it?? :D

Mat C
25-11-09, 04:12 PM
Very nice car, i would like to have an M3 next. I like the wheels but the head light masks are awful - makes me thinks of scrotes in their Saxos etc !

Murray203ps
25-11-09, 08:02 PM
Very nice car, i would like to have an M3 next. I like the wheels but the head light masks are awful - makes me thinks of scrotes in their Saxos etc !

Yeah as mentioned before i thought the same when i looked at the pictues. However when you see the car in the flesh it.......i don't know.....it kinda works. It's odd the pictures really don't do it any justice. But i know what you mean mat.

Murray203ps
25-11-09, 08:08 PM
So how is it?? :D

James it's frikin awesome. The way it pulls is just so void of the way the ZS pulls and for a big heavy car i crapped myself when i eventually gave it some beans. Just doesn't seem to stop through all the gears. Still thinking about the zs though.:sad:.miss it's uniquness. Get quite a lot of looks in the M3 as well tho.:mml: You managed to have a look at the Hot Wheels problem yet.

Jay-ZS+
26-11-09, 02:10 AM
You managed to have a look at the Hot Wheels problem yet.

not yet mate waiting for the weekend, sounds like a lot of fun mate :D