PDA

View Full Version : head gasket

motorsportrepairs
20-11-09, 08:35 PM
what would you say is a reasonable price to get the head hasket done need head skimmed as well been quoted 600 quid although car is under warrenty the dealer i got it from will only do it if price is fair

Ritchy
20-11-09, 08:51 PM
anything between 500 n 600 for it to be done properly is around the price you should be paying, but at that price id expect the belt and tensioner to be done, waterpump, new oil rail fitted, new bolts, mls gasket n make sure they are using anarobic sealant not silicone, done a lot of them in my place, n not had any come backs with the uprated gasket n ladder, might as well get a new thermostat while ur at it

Jay-ZS+
21-11-09, 08:16 AM
Theres a guy, think hes on ebay, the TF people sing his praises all day long. Will travel to you and do it, might be worth asking some of them.

Jay-ZS+
21-11-09, 08:18 AM
Just found this on .org
Well known to quite a few of us is Russell, he'll travel to you 07515 539894

Linky to his website below

http://www.mgroversolutions.com/

Might be worth a call??? Looks like he will do it under £400 seems cheap but I guess if he does it every day prob got it down to an art??

Southside_ZS
21-11-09, 01:15 PM
You not tempted to do it yourself? can be done in a couple of hours

motorsportrepairs
21-11-09, 02:13 PM
bodywork im good with engine not so much lol. now have to options if dealer agrees to the bill then all good failing that a friend that works for caterham is gonna do it hopefully with a few upgrades as well