PDA

View Full Version : Breaking mk1 saloon 2002 in silver - or track car??

gtitim
26-11-09, 09:55 PM
My 2002 mk1 zs 180 saloon in silver has just been written off by the insurance after some kind soul poured paint stripper over it.

Every panel has paint stripper on it, except the spoiler and skirts and front bumper, however, no panels are dented etc and may still be of use - none thorugh to bare metal, only primer.

If anyone wants to make me an offer for the whole car - its been cat D written off and i will get the V5 back for it too.

If not, its open for breaking.

I have -

mk1 straights, 4 new tyres (under 300 miles but budgets)
big spoiler
saloon towbar
82k engine had belts done with new roller at 72k
(inlet rattling but dont know if VIS or plenum)
catch tank
universal Pipercross cone i had on it ( quite oily from previous owner on here)
everything else up for offer.

Please message me if you need any parts so i can keep a log and make me an offer.

I will be stripping it from next week once i have the paperwork all agreed and received from insurance.

I am in the PE11 postcode in lincolnshire. Car will be locked in a barn, and whoever wants big parts like engine etc must help to remove.

I intend to strip it as much as possible and scrap the shell before xmas.

Contact number is 07904359338 - feel free to text or call.

Dan1971
27-11-09, 07:19 AM
How much do you want for the wheels/tyres ? What condition are the wheels in ?

gtitim
27-11-09, 10:31 AM
Hi mate. Want £250 for wheels and tyres ideally. Tyres are all brand new (300 miles) Marangoni Zetas and cost me £200 (receipt to prove). There is minor kerbing to front two wheels, and one of the rears had stained ( looks like someone has wonder wheels'd it) but they clean up really well and are in decent nick in my opinion.

Car will be going on Ebay over the weekend for parts i think, if there are no offers for it complete on the forums i use.

KevG
27-11-09, 01:13 PM
Why break it?, just get a cheap respray done, for the cash you got from the insurance company.

sc9ar
27-11-09, 01:41 PM
im after a rattly inlet. i posted a wanted ad in the wanted section

gtitim
27-11-09, 01:45 PM
Not respraying it. My insurance is going up alot following the claim. I haven't time to respray the car, so am going to sell/break it as a Cat D write off. With the manifold rattling, plus the fact the roof is down to bare metal and it would pretty much need a bare metal paint job to look good, i cannot justify the time/cost.

I am looking for a replacement car now, but think i shall buy something cheaper to run/insure for a year. then i shall be looking for a ZT v8 i think.

vinny1979
28-11-09, 12:33 PM
ahem that filter is oily due to the brm turbo

dan said he will respray it for you v v v v v cheap at dads, a mere 5 miles from your barn. lets go pink?? then flog?

swap mk1 interior for mine + beer??

camper

gtitim
28-11-09, 03:45 PM
Have bought a new car now, so the pressure is off. ZS is going into the shed, and i shall be prepping it for painting in the new year. The plan is to get all the damage repaired and primed. Obviously if i get offers for parts, and can make what £££ i want from breaking, i shall do. If not, it will be painted and for sale in the new year. I want to recover what i have paid for it and my excess if possible. If i can cover that in parts, so be it. if not, car as a whole will be going.

Dan1971
28-11-09, 04:39 PM
ahem that filter is oily due to the brm turbo

dan said he will respray it for you v v v v v cheap at dads, a mere 5 miles from your barn. lets go pink?? then flog?

swap mk1 interior for mine + beer??

camper

How cheap ..... :hmmm: