PDA

View Full Version : couple of things sorted out:D

Ritchy
27-11-09, 09:18 PM
got a few things sorted on the car last few days:D got a new altenator fitted:D, new battery, fixed my boot leak, steam cleaned my carpet, got the car on the t4 and reset the fueling adations ect, and taking it into my dads work tomorrow to weld a new exhaust flexi in(or set the car on fire with the acceteline) and begiining of the month got the brakes on it, and fitted another dial cover today which is matt metallic grey. just a little different:)
any one else done much to thier cars in the last month?

grimmy
27-11-09, 09:23 PM
got a few things sorted on the car last few days:D got a new altenator fitted:D, new battery, fixed my boot leak, steam cleaned my carpet, got the car on the t4 and reset the fueling adations ect, and taking it into my dads work tomorrow to weld a new exhaust flexi in(or set the car on fire with the acceteline) and begiining of the month got the brakes on it, and fitted another dial cover today which is matt metallic grey. just a little different:)
any one else done much to thier cars in the last month?
Yeah put petrol in mines, oh wait i seem to do that every couple of days

stamford
27-11-09, 09:44 PM
Removed the battery as it was dead and is charging slowly in the garage. It's not been started for a few weeks as it has been sorn'd, miss driving it and setting off alarms! :D

KevG
28-11-09, 08:19 AM
Just got my wheels powdercoated, nothing else!

peterzs
28-11-09, 09:40 AM
My ones out of Guarantee.

:wave::wave::wave::happy2::tease::tease::tease:

Ritchy
28-11-09, 01:13 PM
well exhaust is welded up, changed my gearbox oil and painted my fuel tank satin black to stop it rusting and right along the chassis legs and seams, gonna do the whole underneath once i get a bit more cash, noticed when it was up on the ramp i need some new back tyres tho:(

Bobdope2002
28-11-09, 01:42 PM
i need to take my rear bumper of at some stage and respray it but cant be assed lol

Jay-ZS+
28-11-09, 01:42 PM
Bought a new one and just taken it for a test drive!! :D love the 180 difference between it and 120 is unbelievable, still over heating though :(

Bobdope2002
28-11-09, 01:59 PM
thermostat broken??

Jay-ZS+
28-11-09, 02:01 PM
Thats the next port of call, the temp gauge is still under the half way mark but there was steam out the expansion cap, so changed that so going to look to thermostat, Got a lot of looks in the car though ;)

Ritchy
28-11-09, 02:19 PM
mine goes to under half way n doesnt move from there, there certain tolerances between cars

talkingcars
28-11-09, 04:58 PM
Mine sits at just under halfway when it as 92' on scangauge. TBH the dash gauge is just a guide to tell you if your car is doing anything strange, some manufactures don't even fit temp gauges.

Currently I need to change a sidelight bulb and the MOT is due soon.

KevG
28-11-09, 05:49 PM
Jay, have you checked the cooling fans?

Jay-ZS+
28-11-09, 06:01 PM
Yer they were coming in when alright temp when stationary was about 96-98 gonna have a closer look tomorrow

Dave MGT
28-11-09, 06:20 PM
Jay i think tommorow will have a real close look at the exspantion bottle to make sure its not cracked anywhere. The thermostate must be opening as all the pipes got hot yesterday when it was ticking over. It might only be opening partly though.
See what we can find tommorow.
Is it ok if i come round quite early (well for a sunday:) ) 9:30ish ???

Jay-ZS+
28-11-09, 06:25 PM
No prob was going to suggest that as looks a little deformed. Its in good hands anyway cheers for your help dave :)
Hows your new front :)

Dave MGT
28-11-09, 06:34 PM
No probs mate.
I bet you got a few looks driving around your way.
It looks fcuking awesome with the green!!! Like i said yesterday i dont like replicas but this does look very good!
Have to get some pics tommorow

(I can get a 2nd hand bottle from work on monday if we need it)

Jay-ZS+
28-11-09, 06:52 PM
Oh nice one Picked up the cap he said he didnt have a v6 one but thought they were the same anyway just different pt nos so got the one they had in stock so if you have one of those two could give that a try just incase,

Sorry to hijack

talkingcars
28-11-09, 07:48 PM
Was going to say the the k4 cap is known to fail.