PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trees

Jay-ZS+
30-11-09, 10:05 PM
Been looking at getting one of those fake trees for the flat, WTF is up with the reversible ones??!! Why would you want a tree upside down??? Where does the fairy go? :laugh:
http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230487436?$product$

Ritchy
30-11-09, 10:19 PM
lol i saw them last year, more space for presents? lol

stamford
01-12-09, 07:37 AM
Easier to unplug the lights when the socket is behind the darned thing! Also harder for the cats to climb up!

peterzs
01-12-09, 07:45 AM
Good day, Sport, there Australian ones, last time I saw the fairy she had a very red face!!

Thats how they grow in Wongawonga, catch more rain when it falls.

:mbounce::mbounce::mbounce:

will-w
01-12-09, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-LmRNdQiQ :)

I'm a bit of a traditionalist me... I prefer green trees that are the right way up!

None of this black/white/multi-coloured and upside-down tree malarkey!

stamford
01-12-09, 08:11 AM
We have two and put up what one we agree on. We have a traditional green spruce which is getting on a bit and we have a white fibre optic jobby that the missus likes. However with three cats and two dogs it is a case of how long if stays in one piece. I can see the dogs being blamed for the tree chocs disappearing!

Jay-ZS+
01-12-09, 08:14 AM
Misses wants a black one, Always used to have real ones when I was at my parents used to love the smell, but im not going to hoover under it everyday!!! Plastic one it is then it can go in the loft all decorated ready for next year :laugh:

Dan1971
01-12-09, 08:24 AM
Put ours up last night. 5 foot fake, but really nice. After it gets covered in decorations, can't see the point of a real one !

Boys went crazy when they came down this morning ... Advent calendars too !

Tony10
01-12-09, 08:28 AM
My good lady wants a real one this year! We will be finding needles for ever!

stamford
01-12-09, 08:30 AM
****! forgot to open my Transformers advent calendar!

peterzs
01-12-09, 08:32 AM
I can see "a best Christmas tree", competion coming up!!!

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Dan1971
01-12-09, 08:43 AM

Pinch and a punch .....

Stevedx
01-12-09, 08:51 AM
we had an upside down tree last year, I loved it, my boy loved, my wife and daughter didnt LOL

arwilson80
01-12-09, 08:52 AM
We have had none up for the last couple of years. But i agree... an upside down tree... why? :crazy:

Glen290
01-12-09, 12:07 PM
I can see "a best Christmas tree", competion coming up!!!

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Good idea !!

Smokey
01-12-09, 12:29 PM
I have a black one with silver decorations. I think it looks lovely and modern :)

Jay-ZS+
01-12-09, 01:17 PM
Yer gf wants a 4ft black on with silver or red decs( seems to change every 5mins lol)

Jay-ZS+
01-12-09, 01:19 PM

ha ha Only as old as your brain tells you hey! :D
Got the gf an advent callender last night never seen her so happy!!! :happy2: Puts me in the good books for a while

Bobdope2002
01-12-09, 02:08 PM
Two words

BAH HUMBUG

grimmy
01-12-09, 05:06 PM
My good lady wants a real one this year! We will be finding needles for ever!
Get a Norway spruce they drop needles more slowly and leave it in a colder part of the room and have it in a pot with water and sugar it almost cons the tree into thinking it has roots and keeps it longer, alternatively buy a live one in a pot and move it back outside after Christmas.Our tree isn't going up this year the kitten will pull it to shreds in minutes.

talkingcars
01-12-09, 06:16 PM
The first christmas we were togeather we printed a picture of a xmas tree off google images and sellotaped it to mcdonalds fizzy pop cup!

I couldn't do christmas without a tree of some sort but never before the 12th.

Phate
01-12-09, 06:20 PM
We will be getting ours not this weekend but next, real one ofcourse. Nothing beats the smell :)

Stevedx
02-12-09, 08:54 AM
Always an artificial tree indoors, never want a real one indoors, as I think it is a waste killing a tree to bring it indoors, would rather look at the real trees still alive and planted somewhere. Thats why I have one planted and living in my back garden.

Hate seeing them all brown and dead in the cordened off collection areas just after christmas!

peterzs
02-12-09, 09:09 AM
Always an artificial tree indoors, never want a real one indoors, as I think it is a waste killing a tree to bring it indoors, would rather look at the real trees still alive and planted somewhere. Thats why I have one planted and living in my back garden.

Hate seeing them all brown and dead in the cordened off collection areas just after christmas!

Agree with all that, we bought an ASDA one, in a pot about 5 years ago, thought it had died off but it started pushing out new buds and is still going strong.

Thats the outside lights one now.

:yay::yay::yay::wave::wave:

Craig
02-12-09, 10:02 AM
Our bloody tree went up last sunday, fooking November! Oh well, keeps Gemma and the kids happy. I still need to put up the outside decs though. Might need to bring my work van home for that though :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/craig180ayr/CHERRYPICKER.jpg

will-w
02-12-09, 10:04 AM
That's cheating!!!

You're suppose to fall off a ladder when you put the lights up, it's tradition! :D

Marky Mark
02-12-09, 10:34 AM
I have an artificial 6 ft green Christmas tree, it just glows with white fibre optic bits, alot less hassle! Lol

We had real Christmas tree's when we were kids, love the smell, but remember Mum always with the hoover out mopping up the needles!!

It is always traditional guys that there is always one bulb that blows every year on one set of your lights, it is normally the awkward ones that you put up!! :cry:

peterzs
02-12-09, 12:01 PM
Just got our two out of the loft, Takes a day to rebuild them, let alone put the decs on.

:clap::clap::clap:

peterzs
02-12-09, 12:04 PM
Our bloody tree went up last sunday, fooking November! Oh well, keeps Gemma and the kids happy. I still need to put up the outside decs though. Might need to bring my work van home for that though :D

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/craig180ayr/CHERRYPICKER.jpg

Make a bit of cash for Christmas with one of those.

:clap::clap::clap:

skyblueads
02-12-09, 12:44 PM
We have a real tree, as big as possible. Normally we buy it, get home and then realise how huge it is! I get stressed standing it up and then Sarah decorates it! We'll do our once she finishes for maternity leave, most likely the weekend after next.

Jay-ZS+
02-12-09, 12:52 PM
We always used to have a real one at home, my mum works at a school and we live just down the road so when the school breaks up for xmas holidays me or my dad used to drag the tree they had in their assembly hall down the road and try and squeeze it in the front door, Normanlly ended up cutting 2-3 foot off before it would stand in the lounge! lol Used to get some funny looks dragging a 9-10 ft tree down the road :laugh:

peterzs
02-12-09, 05:23 PM
Hello, Hello, hello,

:police::police::police::king::king::king::king:

Craig
02-12-09, 05:24 PM
We always used to have a real one at home, my mum works at a school and we live just down the road so when the school breaks up for xmas holidays me or my dad used to drag the tree they had in their assembly hall down the road and try and squeeze it in the front door, Normanlly ended up cutting 2-3 foot off before it would stand in the lounge! lol Used to get some funny looks dragging a 9-10 ft tree down the road :laugh:

LOL Quality