PDA

View Full Version : My second Zed

Jay-ZS+
02-12-09, 07:07 PM
Well many one you already know a week or so ago I took a trip down bournemouth way to pick up Murrays car. What a great bloke, the flat bed took about 1hr 1/2 longer than I said he would and Murray had stuff to do, so sorry for the delay mate, but made us a coffee and hung around whilst I waited. Was great to meet you mate.

I had seen quite a few pics of the car before and to be honest wasnt sure about the stickers but it looks 100X better in the flesh!! The green is stunning
I live in abit of a strange area get some rather odd people walk past now and then and the car does attract alot of attention so not sure how long the stickers will stau on as dont want the car damaged :no:

Its got alittle bit of work needed but Dave is on the case :trampoline: cheers mate.

Took it out for a quick spin the other day and the difference between the 120 and 180 is awsome :D

Anyway needs a clean but here are some quick pics,
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/MK2%20ZS/Photo-0095.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/MK2%20ZS/Photo-0106.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/MK2%20ZS/Photo-0100.jpg

Not sure what Im going to do to it yet, thinking buckets and track tyres then have some fun :D

Ritchy
02-12-09, 07:11 PM
looks smart, if it wer mine id jus leave the green stipes on it though!

Jay-ZS+
02-12-09, 07:12 PM
Yer that did cross my mind, Gonna leave it for the time being

Supercharged_Z
02-12-09, 07:26 PM
where is teh coolant!!!

keep the stickers!!

looks great but dont give to many bits away lol

but if you are

im intrested in the nos depending on its spec?

Jay-ZS+
02-12-09, 07:31 PM
where is teh coolant!!!

The coolant is in the 'V' at the moment lol waiting on a thermostat still using my 120 until its all working, the NOs will almost definatly be coming out as I cant afford to insure it with it fitted and I will prob loose my license lol, but not 100% yet.

Dave MGT
02-12-09, 10:47 PM
where is teh coolant!!!

keep the stickers!!

looks great but dont give to many bits away lol

but if you are

That pic was taken after jay took it out for a road test after replacing the pressure cap which was knackered. on road test it decided to dump antifreeze out of the thermostate.

Thought your sellin ur zs ross??? or is nos for somthin else.....

stamford
03-12-09, 07:44 AM
I hate you James, I wanted that :baby:

Enjoy, tis a great car.

Jay-ZS+
03-12-09, 07:48 AM
I hate you James, I wanted that :baby:

Enjoy, tis a great car.

You know you dont really hate me mick! :lovers::laugh:

Oh I will enjoy it, Considering stripping it out and getting some buckets and getting it on track. Although as Dave said its been so well looked after the seats are mint seems a shame so will leave it for the time being at least

Alan.F
03-12-09, 08:04 AM
If you do sell the seats can i have first dibs plz, Personally if it was me i would take the flames off and keep the stripes, Also i am sure theres some law that says you can't drive around with those numbers on it.

arwilson80
03-12-09, 09:00 AM
You can't take off the stickers... They are what makes the car what it is. :(

Jay-ZS+
03-12-09, 09:25 AM
Oh they are staying for a the near future at least, Just its parked on the road and you cant not notice it! Dont want a brick through the window or anything!!:sleep:

grimmy
03-12-09, 10:13 AM
Oh they are staying for a the near future at least, Just its parked on the road and you cant not notice it! Dont want a brick through the window or anything!!:sleep:
Buy a car cover for the meantime and keep the decals on it they make the car

stamford
03-12-09, 10:19 AM
Also i am sure theres some law that says you can't drive around with those numbers on it.

I think you are right, not sure if they can stay if you strike through them?

Some of my previous had number panels but were left blank.

Jay-ZS+
03-12-09, 10:21 AM
Really well if I do get pulled and they have a problem with it then can peel off the numbers of just strike them out with leccy tape till I get home lol

Marky Mark
03-12-09, 02:51 PM
Got yourself a nice looking motor there mate, decals make it...

I take it you are keeping the 120 as well then as a daily driver? :)

Steves Cleenz
03-12-09, 04:38 PM
looks wicked Jay

Smokey
03-12-09, 04:44 PM
I'll give you £1800 for it lmao

Jay-ZS+
03-12-09, 05:08 PM
Got yourself a nice looking motor there mate, decals make it...

I take it you are keeping the 120 as well then as a daily driver? :)

No selling the 120 cant afford to insure both and dont really have the parking space as have 3 spaces for 4 flats and now me and the gf have 3 cars so bit naughty nicking all the spaces lol

I'll give you £1800 for it lmao

What the 120 yer sure pm me when your free to pick it up :laugh:

vinny1979
03-12-09, 05:21 PM
why cant you have numbers on a car then?

Maxfly
03-12-09, 05:25 PM
why cant you have numbers on a car then?

canna remember why exactly but just know they have to be struck through on public highways:)

Cracking car to buy, well done :D

Marky Mark
03-12-09, 08:37 PM
No selling the 120 cant afford to insure both and dont really have the parking space as have 3 spaces for 4 flats and now me and the gf have 3 cars so bit naughty nicking all the spaces lol

Nice one mate, you have got yourself a cracking 180 there mate, it looks the dogs dangles! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

starfire039
04-12-09, 11:22 AM
nice one jay, I'm quite jealous, enjoy it!

SticklesMickles
07-12-09, 09:55 AM
Black pinstripe diagonally through the number is supposed to be it OK

Not keen on the flames myself, keen on the price paid for it mind.

afcbadam
11-12-09, 07:06 PM
congrats jay, didnt realise you have bought this. next time your in southampton i want a ride. lol. ;) never did get my zs to 200 bhp, would love to feel whats its like.

Jay-ZS+
14-12-09, 11:05 PM
Right almost there now got a few clips and other small bits to replace then going to fire it up and make sure its running sweet, Have to say a big thanks to Dave for all his help with it, Ended up replacing thermostat, header tank and expansion cap plus a few small seals and other little bits, cheers mate. Cant wait to get it back on the road!! :D :D

Seems its got quite an issue with damp and the soundproofing in the footwells is quite wet lol. Where are the hotspots (or dampspots) where the MK2 is likly to be leaking??

peterzs
15-12-09, 09:32 AM
Right almost there now got a few clips and other small bits to replace then going to fire it up and make sure its running sweet, Have to say a big thanks to Dave for all his help with it, Ended up replacing thermostat, header tank and expansion cap plus a few small seals and other little bits, cheers mate. Cant wait to get it back on the road!! :D :D

Seems its got quite an issue with damp and the soundproofing in the footwells is quite wet lol. Where are the hotspots (or dampspots) where the MK2 is likly to be leaking??

Best of luck Jay, bet you cant wait to fire her up, I'll keep everything crossed.

You sure its damp from the outside, used to hear a lot of frightened screams when it went flying past me at Brands. Think I'd be the same with the speeds it was reaching!!!

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Maxxed_Ross
15-12-09, 10:20 AM
one of the best replicas around, so I'm glad it's staying on here!

Maxfly
15-12-09, 01:19 PM

check the seam under the guttering on the roof, the rubber gromits behind coolant tank can leak and i suppose any on the bulkhead:) Maybe drain pipe for a/c come loose also:)

Dave MGT
15-12-09, 05:36 PM

No problem mate, glad its all sorted tbh.
1st exspantion bottle i have seen split on a 180!!!
Did you manage to get the t-piece sorted today....?

I just won those wheels as well on the bay....woop!!!

Jay-ZS+
15-12-09, 05:40 PM
No problem mate, glad its all sorted tbh.
1st exspantion bottle i have seen split on a 180!!!
Did you manage to get the t-piece sorted today....?

I just won those wheels as well on the bay....woop!!!

Quality get a decent price on them then?? Look forward to seeing them at some point!

I decided to just order the pipe to the rad that has the T piece included, got it on order should be in on thurs, So will deal with it then :)

Dave MGT
15-12-09, 05:55 PM
Quality get a decent price on them then?? Look forward to seeing them at some point!

I decided to just order the pipe to the rad that has the T piece included, got it on order should be in on thurs, So will deal with it then :)

not too bad 450 but still 1/2 price. comes with tyres which i dont really want though ...lol

Jay-ZS+
15-12-09, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a decent price cant wait to see them should look real smart and lightweight! :)

Murray203ps
22-12-09, 07:23 PM
Sounds like you've managed to get the coolant rectified Jay. So glad it didn't prove to much of a problem for you to get it sorted. Bet you can't wait for some better weather to arrive so you can give it some beans eh.:mml:

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 07:26 PM
Yer I think so still not taken it for a real test drive but seems all good. Cant wait to start using it, :D Hows the Beemer going, bet you can have some fun with the rwd in this weather!! ;)