PDA

View Full Version : Favour from someone with a 180 Mk1.

Dan1971
03-12-09, 06:39 PM
As you may know I've bought some 18's which rub as my car's been lowered.

Can someone with a 180 Mk1 on standard springs do me a big favour please ?

Can you measure from the centre of your wheel to the lip of the arch, straight up, on both the front and rear please. This is to establish what extra height I will get from standard springs.

Cheers.

stamford
03-12-09, 07:52 PM
Too dark and too cold...............

You will get rubbing on standard springs with that offset and rim width but only mild rubbing when you are in the car and cornering hard. When 4 up it'll rub like a horny.......................never mind you get the picture :laugh:

Only rears mind, none noticed up front.

Dan1971
03-12-09, 08:04 PM
Too dark and too cold...............

You will get rubbing on standard springs with that offset and rim width but only mild rubbing when you are in the car and cornering hard. When 4 up it'll rub like a horny.......................never mind you get the picture :laugh:

Only rears mind, none noticed up front.

OK ..... Cancel the request then.

Mild rubbing then ..... To the extent that you can hear it ? Damage to the tyres ?

stamford
03-12-09, 08:06 PM
A little but nothing that worried me.

Alan.F
03-12-09, 08:08 PM
215/45/17 rub on standard springs which is why i went for 40 series

SticklesMickles
04-12-09, 02:14 PM
215/35/18`s on mine, only ever heard a rubbing noise once, this was coming down a multistory car park on full lock, to be honest it may have been the front spoiler, i did get out and check the front end but it was fine.

Pointless me measuring the lip to arch gaps as mine sits lower on the drivers side lol, i did mean to swap the sides over at one point to see if it would balance out a bit, but could not be bothered to jack the car up ha ha

Dan1971
04-12-09, 03:43 PM
:hmmm:

thinking that the fact that they are 225 tyres may also be an issue on the Mk1. The guy I bought it from had them on a Mk2.

midcuk
04-12-09, 04:28 PM
yes its deffo the tyres mate, mine has 19" with no rubbing at all but with narrower tyres