PDA

View Full Version : Mot ...

Dan1971
04-12-09, 06:46 AM
...Scared.

Tyres I reckon ... maybe emissions due to the de-cat ..... and whatever else they come up with .....

stamford
04-12-09, 07:20 AM
You'll be fine on the decat Dan.

Dan1971
04-12-09, 10:18 AM
:yay:

Guy comes out .... "Failed mate ....Sorry"

He carries on ....

"Your offside headlight aim is too high ... Gonna cost you a tenner to get is sorted"

Crack on with that then mate while I do a little dance around the waiting room !

2 Advisories for the tyres, but I knew that was coming.

Bit of good news for me and the car then .... Nice. :happy:

stamford
04-12-09, 10:31 AM
Nice one Dan, makes a change eh! :D

Jay-ZS+
04-12-09, 10:49 AM
They failed mine after my mk2 conv for the headlight aim, only charged me a fiver :p

Dan1971
04-12-09, 10:52 AM
I think official advertised cost for an MOT is about £55. I got that for £35, so even with the extra, it was still cheaper than it should've been.

When I was sitting there thinking I could do without a bill for a few hundred quid, I really don't mind.

Jay-ZS+
04-12-09, 11:06 AM
Result :thumbsup:

Maxfly
04-12-09, 11:27 AM
good stuff mate, headlamp aim is a popular choice but easy to fix...as far as i'm aware:)

Dan1971
05-12-09, 07:48 AM
Oh ..... and my rear plate could've been a bit iffy too. It has a GB and Union Jack to the left, theMGZS.co.uk under it, without garage or supplier details. Does have the BS details though.

Have I said that it passed yet ? .... It passed by the way.

Maxfly
05-12-09, 08:02 AM
Oh ..... and my rear plate could've been a bit iffy too. It has a GB and Union Jack to the left, theMGZS.co.uk under it, without garage or supplier details. Does have the BS details though.

Have I said that it passed yet ? .... It passed by the way.

Quality stuff fella!!!! MOT before last the tester mentioned about my plates to me saying they weren't exactly legal but that he exercised common sense because they were perfectly legible and not in a daft font:)

Dan1971
05-12-09, 08:04 AM
Quality stuff fella!!!! MOT before last the tester mentioned about my plates to me saying they weren't exactly legal but that he exercised common sense because they were perfectly legible and not in a daft font:)

Yeah my guy must have thought the same. Standard font, quite legible.