archermav
06-12-09, 01:16 PM
Hi all, mooching on PH I found this:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1383053.htm

Anyone know it?

Thanks

stamford
06-12-09, 01:24 PM
No but looked at this ad before, the alarms bells starting ringing when I read resistor chip! I would not touch that whatsoever as it may have given the engine premature wear. The owner is a **** for fitting such a thing in the first place and no history......steer clear or it may cost you in the long run.

Maxfly
06-12-09, 01:27 PM
No but looked at this ad before, the alarms bells starting ringing when I read resistor chip! I would not touch that whatsoever as it may have given the engine premature wear. The owner is a **** for fitting such a thing in the first place and no history......steer clear or it may cost you in the long run.

+1

On another minor note the exhaust is pushing against the bumoer and more than likely will be helping bring on the saggy arsed bumper syndrome!! An easy fix but just htought i wid say:)

Dan1971
06-12-09, 01:28 PM
Don't know the car but I'd be cautious.

The resistor mod is not something that is recommended anywhere other than by the sellers on ebay ! Something that a youngster who's had a saxo might do IMHO.

I'd be suspicious of the lack of service history too, if the garage is local, perhaps the seller could provide contact details for it to be checked. Doesn't look too bad mind you and keenly priced.

Dan1971
06-12-09, 01:29 PM
Great minds eh ...:)

Ritchy
06-12-09, 01:43 PM
probabluy need a cat, will have been overfuelling with that chip, then cats had detonations in it blowing it to bits

archermav
06-12-09, 01:55 PM
Ok gents, the search continues. Thanks for telling me what I was already feeling, but the empty space on my drive way is making me consider silly things.

Maxfly
06-12-09, 01:56 PM
Ok gents, the search continues. Thanks for telling me what I was already feeling, but the empty space on my drive way is making me consider silly things.

Have a gander in the for sale section matey, nice black ane in there:)

stamford
06-12-09, 01:57 PM
Not at all mate, we only want you to know what could lie ahead, afterall if we wouldn't look then the same would apply to any member.

Dan1971
06-12-09, 02:42 PM

Yep ... Really nice black saloon in there that I've seen in the flesh and who's been a member here for some time.

archermav
06-12-09, 02:42 PM

I have looked at that one (I assume we mean the one on ebay?). Looks like a nice car, but I like em to look standard, so for me would need new wheels, rear lights then I would have to remove the tints. This is all just a matter of personal taste, not knocking the car at all.

Maxfly
06-12-09, 02:48 PM
I have looked at that one (I assume we mean the one on ebay?). Looks like a nice car, but I like em to look standard, so for me would need new wheels, rear lights then I would have to remove the tints. This is all just a matter of personal taste, not knocking the car at all.

Fair do's fella, could possibly find someone wanting to swap the wheels for oe anes, sell rear lights and get oe anes - probs make money on that one. That would just leave removing the tint which i assume would be a pita?? never removed tints before but guessing it wouldn't be the easiest?
I like my plans lol:D

Dan1971
06-12-09, 02:52 PM
Fair do's fella, could possibly find someone wanting to swap the wheels for oe anes, sell rear lights and get oe anes - probs make money on that one. That would just leave removing the tint which i assume would be a pita?? never removed tints before but guessing it wouldn't be the easiest?
I like my plans lol:D

Just what I was thinking .....
OE wheels crop up fairly regularly, or if a swap was posted here and on XP, I'm sure that there'd be some interest. Likewise with the lights. Who knows ... in the flesh, you might even like them !

For me, the bits mentioned are secondary to the actual workings and mechanics of the car, and the driver history. The owner is known to the forums and more than likely, everything that's been done to the car has been documented. The guy's also married with kids so ain't an irresponsible "yoot".

Knowing the previous owner isn't a tw4t and that it's been cared for would tip the scales for me.

archermav
06-12-09, 02:54 PM
Removing them isn't too difficult in fairness, but can leave a sticky residue (oh missus-in me best Frankie Howard voice). And I agree with the rest of your plans, at least the audio in the car would be top notch.