PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time

marts66
06-12-09, 04:56 PM
As per title, haven't posted for ages, some stuff going. In fact had a nervous breakdown and everything but thats a different story.
So for now I need your help for a zed (not head) related issue.
In the car last week and both the abs and brake warning light came on accompanied by a very erratic speedo, after some time fault disappeared. The brakes were fine, i tested them and no malfunctions. Today again lights came on and speedo crazy and after a few minutes went off. The only thing I have done recently was fit some grooved discs to it but that was about 4 weeks ago and there were no problems since then. I checked the reluctor rings while discs off and no Probs (the fronts were changed last year)
The fault first happened last Tuesday after that really cold snap. I've looked in the Haynes and know the ABS sensors inform the speedo but apart from checking abs ecu connections which I'm due to do tomorrow am not too sure where to go after this. Any help appreciated and its nice to be back again.

Bobdope2002
06-12-09, 05:03 PM
the back wheels work the speedo unbelievably on a Zs so maybe one of the rear discs isnt fitted right or a sensor in those has been damaged

Oh and welcome back mate

Maxfly
06-12-09, 05:04 PM
Hope everythins going right for you now fella:)

Regards to the car problems, my first thought was reluctor rings but other than that as your doing tomorrow check connections!!:)

stamford
06-12-09, 05:27 PM
Hope you are well mate.

No idea on the car issue, but think this has come up before. I'm sure a guru will pop his head in.

marts66
07-12-09, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all your replies so far, very much appreciated.

ZS
07-12-09, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a dodgy earth to me... Have a look at the Main battery to gearbox earth connection...

KevG
07-12-09, 12:31 PM
A list of things to check over:

Main Battery Earth to gearbox and front slam panel (just above N/S headlight)
Reluctor rings front and back
ABS sensors front and back (and Connections)
Dash Board connections

peterzs
07-12-09, 02:38 PM
Glad your back, hope the faults are sorted soon

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

marts66
09-12-09, 01:45 PM
Well, removing the plug and refitting seems to have done it. At some time in the future I'll have to lift the fuse box to get proper access to it and clean the contacts thoroughly, but for now it appears to be sorted.