PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

Spannermonkey
07-12-09, 09:20 AM
Hi There.
have had a few problems witha REALLY nasty computer virus on my machine that nothing seems to shift. Have been off the air for over two weeks now (im on a friends machine whilst i'm visiting) will probably have to reformat and wipe EVERYTHING so i' lose the lot. Apologies to anybody I was talking to that thought i was ignorent cos i didnt reply to them.

Warm Regards, Mike.

fastmike
07-12-09, 09:33 AM
Have you tried .....Malwarebytes? ..... its a free download
shifts the most stubborn crap too

starfire039
07-12-09, 09:33 AM
sorry to hear that mate, if you have anything of value on the PC you could get a tech savvy friend to remove the hard disk and put it in their machine (virus scanning the contents first!) and get the data backed up to DVD/external hdd depending on size of data. Or you could boot your machine with a Linux live CD. Or the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, both of which will allow you to drag and drop files to another device. Just a thought if you have files of significant importance!

stamford
07-12-09, 09:48 AM
PC's can't live with them, can't live without them! Hope you get it sorted.

Phate
07-12-09, 01:00 PM
PC's can't live with them, can't live without them! Hope you get it sorted.

Only answer is a Mac :p

Steves Cleenz
07-12-09, 03:06 PM
Only answer is a Mac :p

agree, been thinking about getting one myself

RudeDogg1
07-12-09, 04:59 PM
macs r ment to be easyer to hack then pcs tho so u cant win either way

Phate
07-12-09, 05:04 PM
macs r ment to be easyer to hack then pcs tho so u cant win either way

Lol where you hear that from?

End of the day if a hacker REALLY wants to get into your machine you can only stop him by disconnecting it from the internet...so I wouldn't worry about it.

I use a Mac as my main machine, switched a couple of years ago, got sick and tired of fixing pc's all day, coming home to a machine which my family had broke.

Now I leave this on constantly, anyone can use it and I come home and its just working. Suits me :)