PDA

View Full Version : new boy!

jamiehunn
15-12-09, 02:25 PM
Hi all,just brought a mk1 zs 180 ,2002, with small spoiler,in silver.just wondered what the options were as its got a few bits missing that others have!no chrome door kick plates and grey trims on top of door panels but it does have rear head rests!tried to look for options list on here but can't find one,thanks

R8NMG
15-12-09, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. The chrome door kick plates were deleted very early in the ZS life. The grey trim on the door sounds normal. The rear headrest would have been optional extras at £250 (iirc) a set. I do have the 2002 brochure at home with the full list. Rear electric windows and sunroof would be extras too. The saloon or hatch would have come with the extreme spoiler/hatch large spoiler as standard but it was a no cost option to replace with a small spoiler on the 180.

stamford
15-12-09, 02:35 PM
Hello there.

I don't think we have a published options list, I have a copy of the 2002 sales brochure which has the items listed.

Chrome kick plates are an add-on, not an option as some have either used a Rover one or had them custom etched.

Door inserts were an early feature, dropped soon after to save money :sad:

Head rests were an option I believe.

The low level spoiler was an option over the standard extreme one.

Not much else optionwise as the 180 had most things unless people asked for expensive paint options, stereo upgrades, electric rear windows, full leather or anything added from the accessories brochure when bought from the main dealer.

will-w
15-12-09, 02:48 PM
As said above, the kick plates were an extra, and the door cards with the grey inserts were dropped to save costs...

I have both on my mk2, which I'm thinking of selling to help get me through January :)

Southside_ZS
15-12-09, 02:51 PM
MG-R had the most bizzare options list and factory spec'd cars. I've owned some right odd ones. Just a couple of the oddest i've owned.

2002 ZS 120, Monaco seats and 17" straights (optinonal on none + model) wind up front windows but electric mirrors and electric sunroof?

ZR 105, complete povety spec. No sunroof, no aircon, no central locking, windup windows but had 17" straights, sideskirts and front fogs which were all optional extra.

Then theres one of my current ZS's which has pretty much every option ticked except rear electric windows. Its 2005 120+ with full 180 kit, extreme spoiler, park sensors, sunroof and climate control, leather steering wheel, leather axis seats.

Hambo-180
15-12-09, 02:59 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum :hi:
I bought my ZS 180 hatch in 2002 brand new, it came with large rear spoiler and chrome kick plates as standard. I got an electric sunroof and rear headrests added as an option. It doesn't have the door inserts like some of the earlier models though. Try an MG/Rover dismantler for the kick plates and if you wanted to spend some cash they might have door cards with the inserts.

I've bought spares for previous Rovers and for my current MG via the 2 websites below and never had any issues...

www.partsgateway.com

www.1stchoice.com

Maxfly
15-12-09, 04:42 PM
Hi and welcome:)

As said a lot of the bits you can get frae a scrappers, some Rovers came with chrome kickplates minus the 'ROVER' name etched into them and would be ideal. Could get headlamp wash kit, maybe reverse sensors would fit your mk1?? Trafficmaster clock is another extra, cup holder for arm rest if its missing. Sure there is other things i canna think of:)

grimmy
15-12-09, 05:13 PM
Hello and weclome to the site mate.

peterzs
15-12-09, 05:33 PM
Hi and Welcome, most bits come up on ebay if you keep a look out.

:clap::clap::clap:

arwilson80
15-12-09, 06:21 PM
:hi:

I think all the others have answered the questions so i'll not add anything there. :)

arwilson80
15-12-09, 06:21 PM
:hi:

I think all the others have answered the questions so i'll not add anything there. :)

Jay-ZS+
15-12-09, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the site :thumbsup:

jamiehunn
15-12-09, 06:39 PM
thanks for all your replys!just brought a cup holder off ebay,been looking for one for the last month!think the seller had 10 if anyones interested.i will put some pictures on here at weekend .

jamiehunn
15-12-09, 06:43 PM
sorry,of my car,not the cupholder!!!!

Phate
15-12-09, 06:45 PM
Owhhhhyhallooo

jamiehunn
15-12-09, 07:10 PM
Hello mate,i see you were trying to organize a meet b4 xmas,got a few zs"s up my way,couple of them are on here,we"re from saffron walden area,think theres about 9 of us!

drewbles
15-12-09, 07:55 PM
hi new boy did you say you had brought me a cuphplder ive got nice shiny kickplates and inserts in my door cards lol

Ritchy
15-12-09, 08:07 PM
helllo!

jamiehunn
15-12-09, 08:41 PM
Drewbles,have you got rear headrests then?

drewbles
15-12-09, 09:07 PM
:hmmm: bo**ocks