PDA

View Full Version : abandoned the zs last night

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 09:39 AM
left maidenhead at 8pm after heavy snow all trafic heading into reading was gridlocked so i thought id take the back ways home :chop: wasnt that bad was traverling at about 10mph all the way home left it in 3rd running on the clutch and it went with the flow got stuck in traffic quite a few time's wasnt till i was five mins from my house the snow was about 4-5 inches deep and i couldnt move just span on the spot rolled it back onto the pavement and had to walk the rest of the way home we was not ready for this weather over here still cant get the zs home as they have not cleared the roads yet

stamford
22-12-09, 09:42 AM
It has been bad around that way, Basingstoke, Alton etc. I work in Aldershot, one of my workmates left here at 4:30 to get home to Southampton, he got in at 9:10! Took me an hour and half to get home, I had to divert as the A31 through Alton was closed.

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 09:45 AM
i had to drive 14 miles took nearly 6 hours

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 09:50 AM
Wonder how long Bristol to salisbury will take me tomorrow, cant say Im looking forward to it!

stamford
22-12-09, 09:50 AM
Makes my 35 miles in 90 mins look good! :D

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:aSptLhZfhNyXhM:http://www.inkworm.co.uk/images/cartoons/cartoon-landrover-discovery.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.inkworm.co.uk/images/cartoons/cartoon-landrover-discovery.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.inkworm.co.uk/inktoons.php&usg=__IPHtILXq4T3_GvrDHEiEZ9Y-AQ4=&h=289&w=350&sz=27&hl=en&start=1&sig2=sX29LLVROIH7vZslPrM4TQ&itbs=1&tbnid=aSptLhZfhNyXhM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcartoon%2Bland%2Brover%2Bdiscovery%26 gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff&ei=XKQwS6SCO4qd4Qbo9piqCA)

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 09:54 AM
dont rub it in the zs was scaraping in the snow on the middle sections were the snow piled up and it was like a snow plow

p_b82
22-12-09, 10:10 AM
GF's father was doing a very similar route to you yesterday (Hook to Caversham) and it took him 8hours to get home and he abadndoned his car too before he got home.

there was more snow for people in wiltshire, but it did not come as far as bristol...

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 10:12 AM
Think I might take a train tomorrow then! lol

peterzs
22-12-09, 10:17 AM
Jay, Go via Bournemouth, nice and sunny, no snow, 1/2 hour up the A338.

:wave::wave::wave:

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 10:32 AM
Wont get as far a bournmouth though as thats further away than salis. Think Im going to take M4 to swindon then get a lift with bro in law as hes going to salisbury too, Least then theres one person to drive and one to push/dig if needed :laugh:

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 10:36 AM
well got my car nealy home moved it off the main road so its sorta save left it in gear so no slidey slidey and wheels are poing at the curb

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 10:44 AM
God sounds bad in reading just spoken to my brother in law. He dropped my sister off in Salisbury yesterday and had a job to do in Reading (EPC inspector) left at 11 .Didnt make it to the job as stuck in Reading got back to swindon just before 10!!!
Hope its all ok Simon whats happening with your bumper?

arwilson80
22-12-09, 10:50 AM
27 miles 2x (x= <7 ;)) mins. 4 inches for ½ the distance and pretty much clear the rest of the way. :)

Tony10
22-12-09, 11:25 AM
Well Aberdeen was in 2 foot of snow. I made my 35 mile trip to work this morning with no problems! Just need to know how to drive I think. my zs however is in the drive and I have the wifes Toyota aygo. Its amazing in the snow ways nothing and just goes over the top lol!

Jay-ZS+
22-12-09, 11:36 AM
Just been to get petrol and it seems apart from my road theres very little sign of snow!! I must have 3-4 inches on my roof bonnet and no other cars seem to! lol Did find a car park thats not used much this time of year and had a wee bit of fun though ;) Impressed with the toyos though.

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 11:58 AM
God sounds bad in reading just spoken to my brother in law. He dropped my sister off in Salisbury yesterday and had a job to do in Reading (EPC inspector) left at 11 .Didnt make it to the job as stuck in Reading got back to swindon just before 10!!!
Hope its all ok Simon whats happening with your bumper?

still going through the insurance i think ive got some bad luck this month as all seems to be going down hill

R8NMG
22-12-09, 12:35 PM
Well Aberdeen was in 2 foot of snow. I made my 35 mile trip to work this morning with no problems! Just need to know how to drive I think. my zs however is in the drive and I have the wifes Toyota aygo. Its amazing in the snow ways nothing and just goes over the top lol!

Quite funny me and you both have a XPG mk2 ZS180, your wife has an Aygo and so does my wife to be.

nath86
22-12-09, 12:35 PM
i live in yeovil in between bristol and salisbury and we havnt seen any snow so far, just rain thats iced up and made driving interesting, although its stunning blue sky atm, the toyos are very good so far

Bobdope2002
22-12-09, 01:57 PM
well ive had no snow wat so ever

my drive to work this morning took about 10 mins haha

p_b82
22-12-09, 03:12 PM
so far i have had the abs kick in 3 times only while slowing up, but that was on the untreated roads (thank god for engine braking on a derv)

did muck about a little in the odd car park, to prove to the gf what you need to do in order to make a ar misbehave.. and that most the time being gentle slow and careful it is no problems at all... last time i used my handbrake for anything other than stopping the car when parked was with my old 205 i used to handbreak turn into parking spaces while at uni lol

Simon's ZS-120
22-12-09, 05:12 PM
and once again the zs is not at home but back down the road and went to grit the road and guess what no grit AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate this stupid weater now im going to worry that some one will finish my zs off tonight being a **** and sliding all over the place

Ritchy
22-12-09, 07:39 PM
snows been pretty heavy today but the gritters are doing there job well, not been to bad travel wise but it is mega slippy, and ma works just a big skating rink, driving to dorset thursday, not looking forward to it, going in the ranger though with the folks

Squeaks
22-12-09, 08:15 PM
come via the isle of wight Lol. its raining here. :sneaky: i want snow :(

Bobdope2002
22-12-09, 08:28 PM
still no snow

Ritchy
22-12-09, 08:29 PM
il get bob to drive ahead of me snow dont like him lol

Simon's ZS-120
23-12-09, 08:15 PM
no snow today lots of rain witch has turned to a nice ice ring out side and the mg still cant make it up the hills so its back at the side of the road cant wait for it to be back on the drive i get scared some one might break into it and steal all my audio :(

the pics are from monday and tuesday to show you how we got it :P

peterzs
23-12-09, 08:24 PM
Can see why you want it back on the drive.

Still none down here, but freezing rain on the Spur Road, A338 road out of Bournemouth, today caused 10 shunts and the road was closed for a couple of hours.

Hope you get your one home soon.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Simon's ZS-120
23-12-09, 08:26 PM
Can see why you want it back on the drive.

Still none down here, but freezing rain on the Spur Road, A338 road out of Bournemouth, today caused 10 shunts and the road was closed for a couple of hours.

Hope you get your one home soon.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

last thing is a second shunt as i think that would be then end of the zs and i must say continnetal sports contact 2 tyre are the worst tyres going for snow they are like a slick tyre lol 2-3rd gear pull aways or its spin baby spin

Ritchy
23-12-09, 09:02 PM
could try reducing the pressure in them a bit to get it home safe

Simon's ZS-120
23-12-09, 09:04 PM
ill get it home soon hopfully the insurance will get a move on so it can spend a week in the body shop and i can have a loan car that way i wont have to worry about the zed getting hit or broken into

grimmy
23-12-09, 09:39 PM
It's been like that up here for days now as well but somehow my car seems to be managing pretty well, must be to do with the weight of the v6 over the front and the kumho's work pretty well, hope you get your car back to safety soon mate it's murder when you know it's not where it's meant to be and the paranoia kicks in.

Maxxed_Ross
24-12-09, 11:44 AM
I was in Cumbernauld the other day and couldn't get over the number of cars abandoned half way up hills

Simon's ZS-120
24-12-09, 06:01 PM
i got the home today and now getting ready for some xmas alchole kidney abuse

peterzs
25-12-09, 09:04 PM
i got the home today and now getting ready for some xmas alchole kidney abuse

Bet that was a great relief, now you can relax and enjoy Christmas.

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Simon's ZS-120
05-01-10, 11:46 PM
lol guess what the car has been left on the road again this time the snow come down hard and fast and its been snowing since 5pm and its still going this could be a while till i can get my car home