PDA

View Full Version : Body kits!!

jamiehunn
24-12-09, 05:22 PM
Dont know if anybodys seen this web site,but i was searching google for pictures of zs"s and came across this company that do body kits!think the x power grey one looks good!do you think there just cheap kits ? http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/MG_ZS/mg_zs.html :bounce:

jamiehunn
24-12-09, 05:24 PM
sorry,just tried link,you have to copy and paste the whole adress,otherwise it brings up mgf!

Maxxed_Ross
24-12-09, 05:25 PM
that stuff is all for the MGF

Maxxed_Ross
24-12-09, 05:25 PM
ah, here they are

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/MG_ZS/

they look a bit too stuck on for me, but might look ok smoothed in properly

SheppeyTrio
24-12-09, 05:37 PM
But then with a mk2 would you really wanna put an after market bodykit on???

stamford
24-12-09, 07:36 PM
There is little on offer for the mk1, better than that komode bollox I have seen via Moto-Build!

Just wish there was a BTCC style kit available. I'm considering doing the arched and skirted hotrod theme on mine.

Boot Hill Bandit
24-12-09, 07:43 PM
I do believe Richard Wakeling who is a member on here has the BTCC bodykit spats as her built an entire body for his rallycross racer.......

Jim

stamford
24-12-09, 07:51 PM
I think you'll find it is a complete fibreglass bodyshell over a space framed chassis. There was talk of Eddie and guys at Lunar making a BTCC kit for the ZS as they were contemplating the whole hog including the rear spoiler and front splitter.

Boot Hill Bandit
24-12-09, 07:53 PM
Awesome!!!!!!

Anyway :whistle: must dash as I have pressies to wrap and other things to unwrap........sorted.

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
28-12-09, 01:11 AM
I think you'll find it is a complete fibreglass bodyshell over a space framed chassis. There was talk of Eddie and guys at Lunar making a BTCC kit for the ZS as they were contemplating the whole hog including the rear spoiler and front splitter.

exactly right, the Rallycross car was moulded in one piece as far as I know

The BTCC bodykit wouldn't be that hard to do - depending on what version you copy. The 2001 spec car just had bigger side skirts, and lower front bumper / splitter and arch extensions stuck over the originals. A decent body shop could probably make something without too much hassle.

The 2004 spec had a totally different front end, meaning you would need to re-locate the washer bottle and the factory intake system if you still have the first box fitted - as those two areas are cut out.

Then you have the huge side skirts to worry about. Attaching them to the doors won't be fun. :wacko:

But by far the biggest problem will be finding a wing that looks right. The original BTCC Toora item was roughly £3k new... and that's if you can find one these days! :detective:

But what everyone seems to forget are the visual problems of running big arches. You would need massive wheel spacers to pull it off, and even then you would likely need bigger wheels to finish the look.

In short, it would cost big money to get it right - and if you cut corners it'll just look silly