PDA

View Full Version : Potential mark 2 bodykit availability

starfire039
24-12-09, 09:40 PM
Was browsing .org the other day, and came across a thread by a chap who had damaged spats... a user called "XPart02" replied to the thread several times, this post in particular is of interest:

Ah. no problem mate. Assumed you were after the vent bit from your question.
Can't help with the arch. Can't find anyone who has one.
However, we have found out who has the original tooling and are looking into getting some more manufactured.

This won't help you much at the moment but........

I have had a word with some people and we MAY be able to "liberate" one from Longbridge if we can still find any that are any good. ( We have already done it once ).

It will be after Xmas now but if you want to give me a reminder after I will see what we can do for you.

Cheers

... so mark 2 owners might potentially be able to get their hands on replacement body kits? :)

Jay-ZS+
24-12-09, 09:48 PM
Yer read that yesterday, theres no doubt theres a market for replacement bits!!!

will-w
24-12-09, 10:28 PM
Yer read that yesterday, theres no doubt theres a market for replacement bits!!!

You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

I arranged to get some moulds made up, and get the kit copied but when asking the community (.org, xpf and here) I got 2, maybe 3 people genuinely interested :look:

It's not financially viable to get them copied for anything other than full sets (to start with)... The cost of getting the moulds made is just too high..

Had even enquired into getting them finished in CF :(

KevG
25-12-09, 07:41 AM
The cost for a complete brand new never fitted un painted kit is around £800.

So getting a full complete kit copied just out-ways the cost, of even buying a kit.

Would be good if XPart did manage to get the kit remade, but I reckon the cost of it would be pretty high.

starfire039
25-12-09, 08:03 AM
If you've been bumped by someone and it causes damage, and their insurance pays out, win!

stamford
25-12-09, 08:30 AM
In time someone will make moulds in order to re-produce the kit. As with previous rare cars I have owned, the owners club have commissioned tooling and moulds for parts no longer made.

Simon's ZS-120
25-12-09, 09:28 AM
i need a mk2 rear bumper as i got bumped

Boot Hill Bandit
26-12-09, 09:39 AM
saloon or hatch??? I have a hatch one sitting in my ceiling space in the garage.....

Jim

Simon's ZS-120
26-12-09, 07:16 PM
saloon or hatch??? I have a hatch one sitting in my ceiling space in the garage.....

Jim

hatch is it in good condition mite take that of your hands

RalphG
29-12-09, 12:42 PM
3 or 4 people (myself included) have looked into getting replica kits made up. the cost of the tooling is prohibitive, without having firm orders for kits. Looks like XPart may be willing to re-manufacture the part now, though.

Bobdope2002
29-12-09, 03:06 PM
good as i need a new rear bumper as mine is fecked

Tony10
29-12-09, 03:26 PM
I need spats for the rear arches and doors! If this were to happen they I rekon there would be huge Market!

Jay-ZS+
29-12-09, 03:33 PM
Seems everyone needs something!! But as said its that intial cost for tooling. Theyve obviously had a lot of requests for the parts to consider the reproduction of them.

Bobdope2002
29-12-09, 03:44 PM
My bumper could be repaired i think not to sure about the spat though as its quite badly cracked

would just love a new set painted up