PDA

View Full Version : Cars been hit ...Again !!

Glen290
26-12-09, 06:23 PM
Just gone outside as i heard my car alarm going off, only to find its been hit front nearside and pushed backwards in to the car parked behind, the chap had lost control on the ice and careered into mine.
So now have a smashed front bumper, fog light and back end that has only been repaired a few months back is cracked on the other side.

was just getting to enjoy it again and now this..merry bl00dy xmas lol

peterzs
26-12-09, 06:28 PM
What a bummer, at least it sounds like you have the other drivers details.

Hope its all sorted quickly.

:wave::wave:

Glen290
26-12-09, 06:52 PM
Is there anyway you can get something back from the council for the state of the roads, its not been gritted round here for at least a week, its like a giant ice rink..

petet16
26-12-09, 07:49 PM
I know how you feel, someone slid into mine yesterday morning, just cracked the offside front wheel arch spat, luckily it will repair with a plastic weld

Dan1971
26-12-09, 08:51 PM
Is there anyway you can get something back from the council for the state of the roads, its not been gritted round here for at least a week, its like a giant ice rink..

Gutted for you mate.

When the council do grit the road, they become liable as they should do it properly. If they leave it ... accident's are not down to them.

Typical.....Sorry.:sad:

ian zs180
26-12-09, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear that glen hope your car gets sorted out soon

stamford
26-12-09, 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. Council don't give a ****, they pass it over to the highways dept and they decide what needs gritting. Outside our house the road was like glass, we are on a bend as well, there has been three accidents. The wife lost control of the hire car we had (written off Jimny last month) she was driving around a damaged car in 1st gear, walking pace and slid into the kerb. Car is undriveable, steering is cocked up and seems a diff issue. We have been told we have lost the hire car as it was a fault accident, council don't care, really pissed off about that!

peterzs
27-12-09, 01:40 PM
I reckon about £500, to fix that Mick.

:wavecry::wavecry::wavecry::wavecry:

grimmy
28-12-09, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. Council don't give a ****, they pass it over to the highways dept and they decide what needs gritting. Outside our house the road was like glass, we are on a bend as well, there has been three accidents. The wife lost control of the hire car we had (written off Jimny last month) she was driving around a damaged car in 1st gear, walking pace and slid into the kerb. Car is undriveable, steering is cocked up and seems a diff issue. We have been told we have lost the hire car as it was a fault accident, council don't care, really pissed off about that!
I was waiting on someone coming out with this.The council's have no responsibilty to grit roads it is the roads departments responsibilty to salt roads, it was all taken away from councils during the last last governments local authority restructure and the disbanding of the D.L.O's and turing them into Public private partnerships where the emphasis is now on profit other than service. also this year in particular the reason it has been so bad is all local authorities and councils have no money the government gave it all to the banks meaning there is no money to spend on overtime or indeed extra salt my council has been told to slash millions from the budget over the next three years so well done Gordon it's all down to you again.

Bobdope2002
28-12-09, 12:59 PM

gawd ya missus aint having any luck in cars just recently matey

Will they make you pay the excess again on the hire car???