PDA

View Full Version : My Mg ZS 110+

leezs110
29-12-09, 03:46 PM
Here`s my Mg ZS 110+ :yes:

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/madoli36/zs110parkedupcopy.jpg

Jay-ZS+
29-12-09, 03:55 PM
Very nice do like the MK2 in Ign blue. You got anything in the pipeline for it?
Looks very clean for time of year :laugh:

RudeDogg1
29-12-09, 04:04 PM
extreem spoiler

leezs110
29-12-09, 04:23 PM
Jay!> This model`s got a really good spec as standard, i feel the ZS is best kept standard on the outside, i love the way it looks! :)

Under the bonnet is where i may have a play, i`m tempted to go for a carbon fibre enclosed induction kit which should help it breathe a bit better & maybe a remap when funds allow! :yes:

Jay-ZS+
29-12-09, 04:29 PM
Yer the induction is a good place to start either enclosed or open cone for the induction roar, coupled with a back box will give you a nice sporty rumble but not the chavy corsa rattle lol.

Find some country roads thats where the zs is most at home :D

Ritchy
29-12-09, 08:40 PM
looks smart, the induction kit is very growly, and i just put an xpower back box on mine which isnt too noisy, not noticed much power difference tbh, but you may as well forget doing the power upgrades on them as for your money theres not going to be huge difference, first thing id check is how slack the throttle cable is at the throttle body. will make it far more responsive and how it should be, 90% that come in are slack, which i tighten on every rover/mg that comes in:D any plans for it?

leezs110
01-01-10, 04:00 PM
I`m resisting the temptation no pun intended, to fit one of them resister packs off ebay that will naturally give my 110 an extra 40bhp & along the way blow the ecu to pieces! :laugh:

It makes me laugh how people can buy junk like that & assumme its gonna add loads more power to there car....oh please!! :laugh:

Ritchy
01-01-10, 06:54 PM
bitta good old fasion maintainance keeping the tyres at thge right pressures, clean air filter, tight throttle cable, deglazed brakes and a good servoice with new plugs and the car will feel miles better faster more responsive, dont overlook all these wee things^^^^

doncaster blues
01-01-10, 09:22 PM
That looks the business, damn fine colour.

I find the 110 quite perky, had mine since March and had plenty of fun. Do wish it had discs all round as stopping the thing can be interesting at times.

RudeDogg1
01-01-10, 09:41 PM
didnt realise the 110 didnt have discs on all corners

Ritchy
01-01-10, 10:01 PM
the plus does, the pov spec like mine doesnt, mine stops amazing:D

RudeDogg1
01-01-10, 11:47 PM
lol

RudeDogg1
01-01-10, 11:49 PM
o how i dont miss drum breaks

Ritchy
01-01-10, 11:54 PM
they stop fine, handbrake holds on 1 lick so cant complain, got 282 discs on the front anywhoo so stops on the spot

Stephen
02-01-10, 12:05 AM
i have drums on the rear of mine :(

Ritchy
02-01-10, 12:12 AM
my mates 110 has discs on the rear, most the braking goes through the fromt anyways, and the calipers n slides have a nasty tendancy to sieze on the rears, id happily have discs on the back though, think i need a different abs modulator though

RudeDogg1
02-01-10, 09:37 AM
drums seize to I had them on my old ford onion and they seized so bad u couldnt even spin the wheels by hand

leezs110
03-01-10, 05:17 PM
bitta good old fasion maintainance keeping the tyres at thge right pressures, clean air filter, tight throttle cable, deglazed brakes and a good servoice with new plugs and the car will feel miles better faster more responsive, dont overlook all these wee things^^^^

Good advice there, my oil looks clean enough although it is running a tad lumpy on idle, i wonder if changing the plugs & airfilter would help?

Mine`s got discs on the back, i assume the plus models got this as extra over the standard spec models? ;)

Ritchy
03-01-10, 05:23 PM
at cold hey can be a tad tappity sometimes but yeah well at least making sure the plugs are clean and the gaps are right n for the sake of popping the air filter out which is 4 clips and seeing if its dirty or clogged with leaves or anything. oh and also check the ht leads and see if they are A:routed the correct way ie not crossing one and other and B: that there are no tiny black marks on them as this is a sign of tracking which is caused by moisture on the leads, this is sorted with wd40 and a bit of kitchen paper, just take them out spray them n give them a good rub up till they look nice and clean