PDA

View Full Version : plenum/vis motors.

martyn bro
03-01-10, 02:41 PM
hi everyone, a great site i may add for info and gen chat. lots of grt pics of zs cars. my question-- people have said that the plenum and vis motors are something to be aware when buying a zs. is it an expensive job should your car require either doing? martyn

Maxfly
03-01-10, 03:29 PM
Usually if you buy a plenum it will come with VIS motors. Think new plenums are on ebay for about £460?!?!? never done it but looks a straight forward enough job to replace yourself:) If it's just the vis motors gone then they are in the region of £90 each:) Have had both mine in and out and these are very easy to do yoursel:)

stamford
03-01-10, 03:33 PM
Plenums are the most expensive if bought new. You can fit a second hand one for less. I'm still working on my repaired version, not done much work on it lately as I have been too busy. VIS motors can be easily repaired so no real worries there. All items easy to replace, guides are on here in the 'how to' section.

martyn bro
03-01-10, 05:37 PM
Plenums are the most expensive if bought new. You can fit a second hand one for less. I'm still working on my repaired version, not done much work on it lately as I have been too busy. VIS motors can be easily repaired so no real worries there. All items easy to replace, guides are on here in the 'how to' section.

thanks, much appreciated

martyn bro
03-01-10, 05:38 PM
Usually if you buy a plenum it will come with VIS motors. Think new plenums are on ebay for about £460?!?!? never done it but looks a straight forward enough job to replace yourself:) If it's just the vis motors gone then they are in the region of £90 each:) Have had both mine in and out and these are very easy to do yoursel:)

thanks, much appreciated