PDA

View Full Version : A warning to ZS.co.uk members

skyblueads
05-01-10, 03:50 PM
I hate having to post stuff like this, but any way.

I and several others recently bought several items for a member of the XPower forums, a user called 'surreymgcars'

Here's the thread: http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=51856
(http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=51856)
We sent our money and to date, we have not received the spares. All PMs and threads directed at him have been ignored.

If you are contacted by him, and he asked for payment to be sent to Andrew Robinson
Flat 4
Langley House
Jackmans Lane
Woking
Surrey
GU21 7RL

PLEASE don't do it. I'd hate for anyone else to be caught in the same fashion. It's the last time I ever buy from anyone on any forum.

Jay-ZS+
05-01-10, 03:54 PM
Nice one Ads :)
On .org he's using surreymg hes contacted me over there.
Just to beware

peterzs
05-01-10, 03:57 PM
Think I would have a trip up to Woking and see whats up.

Shame its ruined your trust as I'm sure he must be the exception.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ritchy
05-01-10, 06:35 PM
not the only exception, stephen bought fogs off someone on here and never recieved anything, best bet is not to deal with anyone you dont know that well

Jay-ZS+
05-01-10, 06:51 PM
Yer agree although I wouldnt hesitate to buy off most people are hear, have to be careful when someone who has just joined up or doesnt post much. Its a pity...as grimmy was saying the other night trading on forums is often great for both buyer and seller.

Its a pity theres people like that out there :(

grimmy
05-01-10, 06:54 PM
Yer agree although I wouldnt hesitate to buy off most people are hear, have to be careful when someone who has just joined up or doesnt post much. Its a pity...as grimmy was saying the other night trading on forums is often great for both buyer and seller.

Its a pity theres people like that out there :(
That was Kev that was saying that but i did agree with what he was saying the regular folk i would have no probs buying or selling from.

Ritchy
05-01-10, 06:57 PM
tbh if i had someones adress and i never got my stuff, and regularlly travvellin down to dorset and wales if i would go and get my moneys worth from them lets put it that way lightly

AzzA ShortY
05-01-10, 07:00 PM
i gave that man a lovley comment on his profile on xpf :)

Supercharged_Z
05-01-10, 07:12 PM
just go and knock the door with your mates ask where your money is and "take" him to the bank to get it out

AzzA ShortY
05-01-10, 07:31 PM
just go and knock the door with your mates ask where your money is and "take" him to the bank to get it out

last time i checked kidnapping is illegal ;)

but carry on....
:shoot2::deadhorse::hang:

Dan1971
05-01-10, 07:37 PM
Theft ... Simples.

I can't believe that no-one on the x-power forum affected or aware of the thread doesn't live close enough to pay a visit, or are prepared to fill a car and make the trip. A perfectly reasonable step to clarify the situation, prior to one affected member collating names of forum members and details of the money sent for goods, and then reporting the matter to the police.

There is easily enough detail having the address where monies have been sent, and the name written on cheques, to gather evidence.

Personally ... I am happy to trade with established forum members.

Jay-ZS+
05-01-10, 07:48 PM
Think you should turn up in a marked car dan :thumbsup:

Ritchy
05-01-10, 07:49 PM
lol

Dan1971
05-01-10, 07:52 PM
Think you should turn up in a marked car dan :thumbsup:

Not my force area unfortunately or I'd send my boys round ..... Surrey.

Jay-ZS+
05-01-10, 07:54 PM
Not my force area unfortunately or I'd send my boys round ..... Surrey.

Sure you could get lost and wander out of your area :laugh:

Smokey
05-01-10, 08:12 PM
lol I'd do the same but waaay out of my area lmao!

Supercharged_Z
05-01-10, 08:13 PM
its ok smokey!!!! they sell donuts down here too!!!

Dan1971
05-01-10, 08:29 PM
its ok smokey!!!! they sell donuts down here too!!!

They do ... Where ... ? :joker:
No cancel that ... They're mine all mine .... Mwah mwah mwah !

starfire039
05-01-10, 09:01 PM
Shame that. It doesn't put me off buying or selling from forum members I know or that are well established. I will be extra careful in future though.

stamford
05-01-10, 09:11 PM
Shame, only takes one person to turn it all off for most people.

Is this guy a 'site trader'? Most forums charge an annual fee for anyone wishing to become a 'site trader', those that pay are genuine and therefore weeds out the dodgy ones. Something we may consider soon on here just to show faith on both sides.

skyblueads
05-01-10, 09:15 PM
Personally ... I am happy to trade with established forum members.

Yeah, I would buy from people who've been on here long-term. Just really annoyed that I got caught. I've spoken to a solicitor friend and it's more hassle than it's worth really and nobody seems near enough, or interested enough to go round there.

Just go to let it go I guess. The main thing for me was to warn as many people as possible.

RudeDogg1
05-01-10, 09:22 PM
that sucks man hope the bloke gets a good beating

Nice alloys ;)

Dan1971
05-01-10, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I would buy from people who've been on here long-term. Just really annoyed that I got caught. I've spoken to a solicitor friend and it's more hassle than it's worth really and nobody seems near enough, or interested enough to go round there.

Just go to let it go I guess. The main thing for me was to warn as many people as possible.

It's not a common law or suing issue. It's theft. That's a crime. Police deal with crime.

All that needs to be done is report it to your local police station, that could be whatever force. They may then make contact with the other force, Surrey to carry out investigations on their behalf.

Your call, but it's like everything these days ... people can't be bothered, so nothing gets done and the criminals keep going, and people continue to get hurt or ripped off. :wall:

petet16
06-01-10, 06:32 PM
I also got caught out by this guy, and while it's annoying, in 6/7 years of buying and selling odds and ends on Rover and MG forums this is the first time anything like this has happened.

As to paying a visit, I would drive all the way from South Wales to Surrey, but we also have a landline number for him which is disconnected, so it makes me wonder if the address is actually his, and wether he would be there.

Interesting info about reporting it to the local police, if I reported this to South Wales police would they persue it, or just give me a crime number and file it.

Dan1971
06-01-10, 06:37 PM
I also got caught out by this guy, and while it's annoying, in 6/7 years of buying and selling odds and ends on Rover and MG forums this is the first time anything like this has happened.

As to paying a visit, I would drive all the way from South Wales to Surrey, but we also have a landline number for him which is disconnected, so it makes me wonder if the address is actually his, and wether he would be there.

Interesting info about reporting it to the local police, if I reported this to South Wales police would they persue it, or just give me a crime number and file it.

They'd give you a crime number, and are duty bound to investigate. They would probably forward details to Surrey, for them to do the visit etc. The best way to take it forward would be for one "victim" to collate the details and then present the offences to one force. They lead on the investigation with multiple victims, rather than multiple forces doing their bits seperately.

Surely someone from Surrey could report it and that force keep everything to themselves....

jamiehunn
06-01-10, 07:26 PM
Good job you started a thread about this!I was going to email him about a few bits!Somebody has to report him because you dont know who else he has ripped off!

Smokey
06-01-10, 07:41 PM
I'd listen to Dan if I were you guys, that is perfect advise. Would prevent the guy repeating this somewhere else.

BUCKYDEVIL
08-01-10, 04:14 PM
Cant we start a section with people who have bought and sold good's with no problems so we know who the trusted sellers are as Ive had no problems buying from some people through this site

Jay-ZS+
08-01-10, 04:24 PM
Cant we start a section with people who have bought and sold good's with no problems so we know who the trusted sellers are as Ive had no problems buying from some people through this site

Thats not a bad shout, think on rovertech they have a feedback part with vouch threads. Put it forward to those that rule.

p_b82
09-01-10, 12:01 AM
have to say i have bought almost all my mods through the forums and never had any problems yet.... and i got a fair list of things :)