PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems with interior lock button in the cold?

Southside_ZS
09-01-10, 05:39 PM
Question for MK2 owners.

For some reason my interior lock/unlock button wont work in the cold. Every time i want to get out or let a passenger out i have to turn the ignition off so it self unlocks then start it again.

works fine once the interior of the car has warmed up or in warmer weather.

peterzs
09-01-10, 06:00 PM
The passenger side, front, door handle didnt want to spring back on its own, had to get out and close it, before the door would lock, suppose just a bit of ice holding it.

:D:D

Southside_ZS
09-01-10, 06:28 PM
my handels have been fine. So is the locking/unlocking when using the keyfob. Just the interior button im having problems with

vinny1979
09-01-10, 06:32 PM
yep my mk2 one drivers side is the same LOL , bloody snow/ice, but it means the lock button wont work , as you say fine once warm

stevelou5
09-01-10, 06:38 PM
when its really cold my locks and handles do stick a bit too. Bloody ice!!!

Simon's ZS-120
09-01-10, 07:46 PM
this morning when going to work pulled the handle but were it was so cold out they had frozen solid nearly ripped em off had do go home and get the D-icer to spray around the handle to get in not fun

R8NMG
09-01-10, 09:20 PM
I'm so worried about pulling the door handle off in these weather. Even when the handle would work the door would be iced shut I have use my fingers to prise the door open rather than yanking it with the door handle.

Simon's ZS-120
09-01-10, 09:24 PM
if you have gloves on hit around the edge of the door it will brak the ice seal on the door

talkingcars
09-01-10, 10:12 PM
My drivers side button doesn't always pop up when it is really cold, I just re lock a couple of times and it seems to work.

Southside_ZS
10-01-10, 10:45 AM
i think a few people are getting confused with what im on about.lol i dont mean the door pins or the handels. Im on about the actual button on the dash on the mk2 next to the clock. It wont unlock any of the doors when cold.

leezs110
10-01-10, 10:49 AM
Door handles on these seem to be rather fragile, my old Rover 400 was the same & i did manage to sheer off one of the back door handles due to it being frozen solid!...oh those were the days! lol :wall:

My ZS has been a pig to get in during this cold snap, but my trick is to pour some tepid water along the edges of the door frame & a tad on the door handle & it works a treat! :)

PS Southside, i know what you are talking about mate the interior door lock facility button
mine seems ok so far! ;)

Bobdope2002
10-01-10, 11:06 AM
mines been ok ever since i had it

no problems here *Touch Wood*

talkingcars
10-01-10, 01:13 PM
i think a few people are getting confused with what im on about.lol i dont mean the door pins or the handels. Im on about the actual button on the dash on the mk2 next to the clock. It wont unlock any of the doors when cold.

Don't have that on my mk1.

petet16
10-01-10, 04:55 PM

I've never actually used that button, will it unlock the doors?, I thought it was only to lock them:unsure:

Ritchy
10-01-10, 05:11 PM
yeah it locks and unlocks and if you hold it in the alarm goes off, possibly damp inside, either that or one of the latches could be frozen up?

Southside_ZS
10-01-10, 05:57 PM
I've never actually used that button, will it unlock the doors?, I thought it was only to lock them:unsure:

I have to use it on mine as its had the speed lock function activated from the factory. Anything over 10mph the doors automatically lock and wont unlock unless you press the dash button or turn the ingnition off.

petet16
10-01-10, 06:05 PM
I have to use it on mine as its had the speed lock function activated from the factory. Anything over 10mph the doors automatically lock and wont unlock unless you press the dash button or turn the ingnition off.

Ah, I see, I have the speedlock thing as well, I usually pull the drivers lock pin up to over-ride it, I'll try pressing the lock button on the dash in future cos that pin can be g*t to get hold of at times.

Maybe I should read the owners manual more care fully:clown:

Ritchy
10-01-10, 06:37 PM
you can turn the speed lockng off on t4