PDA

View Full Version : OOOpps!!!

SheppeyTrio
11-01-10, 07:06 PM
What with all the bad weather lately, the car's been standing around doing nothing. But the other day when i went to meet Marky Mark about some lovely tinted rear lights! I was scraping the windows of ice and snow, but unfortunately i forgot i had a 'theMGZS.co.uk' sticker on the back window and .......... yes ........ i scrapped part of it off!!! :oops: I thought oh ******!!! :oops: LoL. I'll have to buy another one soon!! Anyone else done this with this bad weather?????

Jay-ZS+
11-01-10, 07:10 PM
Lol yer I decided to get the worst of the snow off the 180 as its got a leak somewhere and im not using it so thought rather than let it all melt and add to the moisture inside I cleared it off, Had to be carefull of all the stickers on that :laugh:

stamford
12-01-10, 08:14 AM
With mine being sorn'd it is still covered in snow! The Landy has a site sticker ;)

Squeaks
12-01-10, 08:24 AM
Havent had a chance to fit stickers yet so i havent been able to distroy them yet lol.

did pull the doorhandle off the other day though oops. lol

SheppeyTrio
12-01-10, 09:05 AM
Havent had a chance to fit stickers yet so i havent been able to distroy them yet lol.

did pull the doorhandle off the other day though oops. lol

Unfortunately quite common! My other half pulled hers off not long after getting it!!

peterzs
12-01-10, 09:13 AM
Must admit to use Warm/cold water to clear the worse and then a spray. I'm always worried I'll scratch the glass with a scraper!!

:unsure::unsure:

ZS
12-01-10, 12:13 PM
Must admit to use Warm/cold water to clear the worse and then a spray. I'm always worried I'll scratch the glass with a scraper!!

:unsure::unsure:

But your not worried you'll crack the glass with the sudden change in temperature? ;)

Zippy Saloon
12-01-10, 01:27 PM

:unsure::unsure:You'd have to have a diamond tipped scraper I think.

peterzs
12-01-10, 04:50 PM
But your not worried you'll crack the glass with the sudden change in temperature? ;)

No, its only just off cold, and all the years I've done it, never had one go! (touch wood).

On that point anyone ever had a screen crack, after pouring on water to clear snow/ice???

I have just found a scraper from my Car Plan Xmas gift, so I may use that, just in case.

:):)

talkingcars
12-01-10, 07:52 PM
i'm not sure what the PO used on my car but all the glass is covered in little scrathes like they'd used a razor blade.

peterzs
13-01-10, 03:05 PM
Thats what worries me, any grit or muck on the screen, use a scrapper and it ends up scratched.

:wave::wave::wave: