PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood 10GB Music Keg

michaelb
09-09-07, 05:35 PM
selling my kenwood music keg which is similar to a cd changer but uses a 10gb cartridge instead of cd's. so you could have your entire music collection in your car.

its in good used condition and complete with software, cradle and still in original box.

will work with most(if not all) later kenwood head units. i don't think it will work with windows vista though.

looking for £100+p&p

specs listed below

KHD-C710 Music Keg main features:

The Kenwood KHD-C710 Music Keg plays MP3, WMA, and WAV files that you download from your computer.
Compatible with 1998 or later Kenwood head units, equipped with CD changer control and CD Text display
The storage capacity of the included cartridge is 10GB (equivalent to approx. 2,500 tracks compressed at 128kbps). Maximum number of tracks on drive is 30,000
24-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
The cartridge can store any type of data file, but the Music Keg will only recognize MP3, WAV and WMA files
The PhatNoise™ Music Manager software, included with the drive on CD-ROM, is compatible with Windows 98 (2nd Ed) / Me / 2000 / XP. A USB port is required to connect the included USB cradle.
Not currently compatible with Mac OS
Kenwood head units that recognize CD Text will show, by scrolling across the display, the track name and artist from MP3 ID3 tags
The KHD-C710 Music Keg can be mounted vertically, horizontally, and upside-down. For best shock performance avoid mounting the unit at an angle
Music Keg dimensions 65mm H x 180mm D x 210mm W (270mm including cable and cartridge)
If you want to connect the KHD-C710 and a CD/MD changer together, a Kenwood KCA-S210A switching box is required.
Supplied with:
KHD-C710 Music Keg unit
KHD-010G 10GB Digital Media Storage cartridge
PhatNoise™ Music Manager CD-ROM
KHD-USB1 USB cradle with 1.75m USB cable
USB Cradle mains adaptor with 2.4m power cable
6.0m Music Keg connecting cable

michaelb
10-09-07, 10:20 PM
a piccy of the keg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/rovercrazy73/IMG_1179.jpg