PDA

View Full Version : I never purchased a ZS..

ginaaa
17-01-10, 06:30 PM
not even an MG.

But i am waiting to pick up a sexy Mk2 VW Scirocoo Gti ;)
Dad's guna love helping me restore her! Haha. Good ole Stamford eyyyyy.

Finally got my hands on one.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs235.snc3/22244_1320214043760_1183062213_30997924_7389505_n. jpg
(havent a clue if that picture has posted..)

Andddd, my mother picks up her MGF on weds ;) woo.

Jay-ZS+
17-01-10, 06:35 PM
Nice just need to add the flux capacitator and there will be no stopping you!! :D
Bet Micks thrilled at the thought of an other car to maintain!! :laugh:

ginaaa
17-01-10, 06:37 PM
Hahahaaaa, it is my little time travelling machine!

Yeah, he loves it!
We look like a dodgy car dealership.

Dan1971
17-01-10, 06:48 PM
You'll remember this car for the rest of your life.

Side skirts aren't my cup of tea, but hey .... Enjoy it.

ginaaa
17-01-10, 06:57 PM
I know i will haha :)
it was love at first sight. Well actually, love at first rev. she sounded proper lush.

RudeDogg1
17-01-10, 07:03 PM
nice car shame about the chav side skirts lol verging on barryboys

Supercharged_Z
17-01-10, 07:05 PM
http://starskytorino.com/moviemike2/1moviemiketorino2b.jpg

?

talkingcars
17-01-10, 10:32 PM
Looks like a Scala or a richard Grant body kit, should be fun.

Hopefully it'll be as good as my Mk1 GLi was.

peterzs
17-01-10, 10:46 PM
Cant see the MGZS stickers yet!!!

Enjoy the car.

:dawgie::dawgie::dawgie:

ZS
18-01-10, 07:06 AM
Nice car :) always had a soft spot for the Scirocoo's :D

stamford
18-01-10, 07:59 AM
It needs some TLC and hard graft but will be worth it. A very rare GTi as well. A load of recent bills far outweigh the purchase price too. Quite where all of these cars are going to live is another matter!

My ZS, youngest AX to do up, this VW, her Xsara, my Disco and the impending MGF! I need a forecourt not a driveway! :laugh:

sarah
18-01-10, 08:21 AM
Very nice Gina, but i much prefer the new scirocco!

now thats a car lol

arwilson80
18-01-10, 08:27 AM
Did you do the parking too? ;)

Have fun with the car.

Maxfly
18-01-10, 08:35 AM
cracking choice!! will look a belter once she is done up a bit:)

stamford
18-01-10, 09:34 AM
I think the wish list is growing somewhat! Goes alright too, takes me back to when I was playing around with the Audi Coupe as it shares alot of parts engine-wise.

ZS
18-01-10, 11:40 AM
Stamford, with so many cars do you happen to know a good Body shop in this area? that doesn't cost too much.... I really could do with getting the rest of the MK2 kit and rear bumper sprayed up and fitted!

Oh and whats the Fuel Economy of the Scirocoo?

stamford
18-01-10, 12:39 PM
Plenty of good bodyshops but with regards prices, no idea as it has been years since using one!

No idea on the Scirocco economy either but seeing that it is a 1.8 with K-Jetronic fuel injection once fettled it'll be pretty good.

p_b82
18-01-10, 01:39 PM
if you need\wantt o have a chat about the fuel injection system or anything on the rocco, i have a very good friend who first stripped and rebuilt his 1.8 unit, then when he got the running sweetly has dropped the 16v from the corrado in, but kept most of the original injection system.

I think he said it was up to 140bhp last time i spoke to him - makes a lovely noise too... a kinda 'whhaaaaaaarp' sound as the revs build :)

stamford
18-01-10, 02:09 PM
if you need\wantt o have a chat about the fuel injection system or anything on the rocco, i have a very good friend who first stripped and rebuilt his 1.8 unit, then when he got the running sweetly has dropped the 16v from the corrado in, but kept most of the original injection system.

I think he said it was up to 140bhp last time i spoke to him - makes a lovely noise too... a kinda 'whhaaaaaaarp' sound as the revs build :)

Thanks for the offer but I am up to speed on these as I built and raced Audi's back in the early 90's so the system is the same for the 5 pot as it is for the 4 pots. It was strange seeing all the Bosch stuff again.

A mate of mine ran a 2.0 Audi GT and it ran like shoite, he gave up and we swapped cars, mine was a 200 Turbo and was no longer required. I changed the whole metering unit as his was broken, calibrated the fuel/air delivery, changed the cold start injector and warm up regulator and ran as sweet as a nut after that, he was none too pleased! But hey, how many times can you mess around with friends cars for free and them not expected to cough up for parts?

p_b82
18-01-10, 04:55 PM
i guessed that was the case with your earlier post, but thought i would mention it all the same :)

he has had a hell of a trouble with some of his sensors and meating head and various other gremlins causing it to stall at idle rpm's and lean off too much up top. not sure what he did to finally solve it, but it is fixed now - took him about 18months to get to the bottom of it.