PDA

View Full Version : Climate control

Kara
30-01-10, 08:34 AM
Morning everyone!

Just wondered if anyone has fitted climate control to their ZS. I have a MK2 120+ so it has the aircon but I prefer the climate control unit over the dials I think. Any idea what the job involves?

Kara x

RudeDogg1
30-01-10, 09:02 AM
mk2 is ment to have climate control i think so if urs hasnt it should b a easy swap id of thought but then what do i know lol

Maxfly
30-01-10, 09:07 AM
Sure it's been done but it is a pretty involved, dash oot job. Certainly need the full kit no just the control unit as all the air routing is done by motorised flaps so need them too. Someone who knows better should hopefully point out exactly whit needs done:)

RudeDogg1
30-01-10, 09:10 AM
i was wrong then lol

RudeDogg1
30-01-10, 09:11 AM
i thought the mk2 had it fitted as standard then i spose its the diff between the base models and the + ones

Maxfly
30-01-10, 09:12 AM
i thought the mk2 had it fitted as standard then i spose its the diff between the base models and the + ones

Think it was only standard on the 180's and an option on all others?!? could be wrong though :D

Zippy Saloon
30-01-10, 09:25 AM
Seem to remember someone doing it and it was a huge job, not really worth the hassle iirc.

rozzr
30-01-10, 11:32 AM
Yeah I looked into it, not worth it

talkingcars
30-01-10, 01:26 PM
The 120+ should have aircon, that is one of the things that makes it a +.
I'm not sure if the mk2 120+ should have climate control over manual air con or if that only came in the mk2 180.

I would have thought it would be a serious job to do the conversion, you'd need to rip out the dash and centre consol, replace the aircon unit and associated wiring.

Maxxed_Ross
30-01-10, 03:13 PM
you'd be quicker finding a 180 dash and just fitting that

talkingcars
30-01-10, 06:48 PM
you'd be quicker finding a 180 dash and just fitting that

The only part of the climate control in the dash is the control panel and that is actually in the centre consol, the bulk of it is in a seperate unit behind the dash.

KevG
30-01-10, 08:24 PM
The 120+ had the option to come from the factory with Climate Control, if you want to retrofit it, then your better buying another car as the cost is prohibitive!
It isnt just a case of getting a 180 dash you need all the other gubbins and sensors too

Kara
30-01-10, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone! :) Looks like it's not worth the hassle. I was hoping it would be a simple case of replacing the centre console, fitting the unit and a bit of wiring but looks a bit too complex really! From what I've read the climate control was optional on the 120+ so looks like the original owner wasn't interested in it.

Nor
30-01-10, 09:50 PM
I'd rather have air con over climate control. CC is far too fiddly.

R8NMG
30-01-10, 11:12 PM
Just had a look at the brouchure and ATC is standard on the 180 only. Aircon is standard on the 120+ but ATC is optional. The non plus 120 only have natural air created by mother nature.

If you already have aircon then I will just leave it be and save the hassle of fitting ATC. If you don't have aircon in the ZS then it would be a different matter. ATC is great and to me is better than the standard aircon.

Maxxed_Ross
31-01-10, 06:36 AM
The only part of the climate control in the dash is the control panel and that is actually in the centre consol, the bulk of it is in a seperate unit behind the dash.

ah right, I thought it might include the motorised vents ect :oops:

Ritchy
31-01-10, 08:32 AM
i dont have aircon in mine, or electric windows, never really botherd ,e too much, thought about putting it in sometime, need a donar car really, ive only really been too hot like once last year in the car. climate contrl is something e3lse to go wrong in my opinion id rather just have an on off switch for it!

R8NMG
31-01-10, 09:25 AM
i dont have aircon in mine, or electric windows, never really botherd ,e too much, thought about putting it in sometime, need a donar car really, ive only really been too hot like once last year in the car. climate contrl is something e3lse to go wrong in my opinion id rather just have an on off switch for it!

Aircon/Climate is one of life's luxury. Once you've had it you don't want to do without it but if you never had it then you won't miss it.

stamford
31-01-10, 10:01 AM
Aircon/Climate is one of life's luxury. Once you've had it you don't want to do without it but if you never had it then you won't miss it.

So true, my 180 has A/C but I hardly use it. The Disco has climate control and is very nifty, but the MGF has mother nature :D Not bothered what it's got tbh.