PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Rear Light Lenses!

SheppeyTrio
31-01-10, 10:21 AM
Just changed my rear light lenses for tinted lenses. So i have now got a set of original lenses for sale! Any reasonable offers considered!

Marky Mark
31-01-10, 12:15 PM
Glad you got them sorted mate, are you pleased with them? Any piccys Chris? :clap:

SheppeyTrio
31-01-10, 02:13 PM
No piccy's yet, gotta get the car washed first!! LoL. Also wanna get slightly brighter bulbs coz they're a little dull!!!

will-w
31-01-10, 02:47 PM
Try using an LED cluster bulb for the rear fogs otherwise it might fail an MOT! :)

Maxfly
31-01-10, 02:53 PM
Try using an LED cluster bulb for the rear fogs otherwise it might fail an MOT! :)

If they are tinted it is likely the rear reflectors won't reflect either so it may be worthwhile keeping the originals for MOT purposes:)

SheppeyTrio
31-01-10, 02:56 PM
If they are tinted it is likely the rear reflectors won't reflect either so it may be worthwhile keeping the originals for MOT purposes:)

Very good point! Hadn't thought about that!! MOT's due next month aswell!! LoL

will-w
31-01-10, 04:49 PM
Could always put on two discreet reflector strips and keep the tinted lights on all year?

Best to be legal all of the time, last thing you want is to be pulled with a baby on board! :music:

SheppeyTrio
31-01-10, 06:36 PM
Could always put on two discreet reflector strips and keep the tinted lights on all year?

Best to be legal all of the time, last thing you want is to be pulled with a baby on board! :music:

That was what i was thinking of!? Does anyone know if it'll be a MOT failure if the reflective strips on or near the number plate???

will-w
31-01-10, 08:27 PM
That was what i was thinking of!? Does anyone know if it'll be a MOT failure if the reflective strips on or near the number plate???

Nope, and unfortunately I'm now off until the 9th... If only I'd seen this earlier, was chatting to a guy from Traffic earlier about their new toy and could have asked!:punk:

Focus and Mondeo have their reflectors on the bottom of the bumper, and other cars have them quite high up... I guess you could get away with one each side of the number plate, while still in the recess? - Best bet would be to ask your MOT man, if it passes that then it should be road legal!

SheppeyTrio
31-01-10, 08:51 PM
Nope, and unfortunately I'm now off until the 9th... If only I'd seen this earlier, was chatting to a guy from Traffic earlier about their new toy and could have asked!:punk:

Focus and Mondeo have their reflectors on the bottom of the bumper, and other cars have them quite high up... I guess you could get away with one each side of the number plate, while still in the recess? - Best bet would be to ask your MOT man, if it passes that then it should be road legal!

Whats the new toy?? Or is it trade secrets?? LoL

We still sorting your saggy bumper and sensors out on Sunday next weekend m8??

Will have a chat with my MOT man tom hopefully and get his view! Or failing that I'll give Ralph a ring and ask there!

will-w
31-01-10, 09:38 PM
Whats the new toy?? Or is it trade secrets?? LoL

Now THAT would be telling!!! Although lets face it, it's probably posted up on a million forums by now!:shifty:

It's a slightly tuned and unmarked Seat Leon Cupra :smart:

We still sorting your saggy bumper and sensors out on Sunday next weekend m8??

Certainly am if it's ok with you? Will be getting my Dremel back on Friday, so that should make things a bit easier!! - Need to find out what size nuts, bolts and washers I need to get! :)

SheppeyTrio
01-02-10, 01:59 PM
Okie dokie m8. Just had a thought, if i bring the missus's car down maybe we could sort her car out also!? You'll have to PM me the address of where we'll be sorting it out!

will-w
01-02-10, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a plan! You have a PM :)

SheppeyTrio
06-02-10, 04:16 PM
Have spoken to my MOT man and as long as i get some reflectors, no matter how big or small, then it'll pass the MOT. I've since bought some small'ish reflectors from Halfords and once the car's clean will be sticking them on! So, the original mk2 rear lenses are still for sale, so any reasonable offer considered!!

SheppeyTrio
14-02-10, 08:32 AM
No-one for my lenses then?? Oh well, i'll keep them for now just in case i decide to swap back! But they're still here if needed!!