PDA

View Full Version : Fired up the ZS today

stamford
31-01-10, 08:15 PM
First time it has fired in anger since September! Removed the pump relay to prime the oil system, cranked it over until the oil light went out, replaced relay then bang! All 6 pots firing sweetly :D God didn't it sound bloody good! :w00t: I miss driving it!

acemodder
31-01-10, 08:18 PM
What car are you driving at the mo?

stamford
31-01-10, 08:23 PM
It was a land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 for the dogs, but that's in for insurance assessment! So I have a hire car, paid through my legal cover, a VW Tiguan 4motion TDi.

I was going to leave the zed offroad and just use it for track days, but I might insure it again and have a limited mileage for the nice weather :D

Jay-ZS+
31-01-10, 08:34 PM
I was going to leave the zed offroad and just use it for track days, but I might insure it again and have a limited mileage for the nice weather :D

You know it would make sense! :thumbsup:

stamford
31-01-10, 08:40 PM
You know it would make sense! :thumbsup:

After hearing it rumbling today, how can I not do it!

I think the neighbours had thought I had flogged it! :laugh:

Dan1971
31-01-10, 08:50 PM
After hearing it rumbling today, ........ thought I had flogged it! :laugh:

They hoped !

grimmy
31-01-10, 10:21 PM
Wish i could fire mines up:(

Supercharged_Z
01-02-10, 07:42 AM
how or why have you not fired it up since september~?@!!!

do you not worry about what little damage that may cause?

i must be anal about this, i used to fire my sc zs up every few weeks.

in the winter i even get the petrol lawnmower out once or twice and give that a blast for 10-15 mins.

Jay-ZS+
01-02-10, 08:02 AM
in the winter i even get the petrol lawnmower out once or twice and give that a blast for 10-15 mins.

Can just imagine you out during the snow starting up the lawnmower for a while!! :laugh:

Supercharged_Z
01-02-10, 08:13 AM
Can just imagine you out during the snow starting up the lawnmower for a while!! :laugh:

that was actually when i did it last!! lol. i just took it out the garage started it up, clamped the throttle open and weint inside for 15 mins lol...

stamford
01-02-10, 11:25 AM
how or why have you not fired it up since september~?@!!!

do you not worry about what little damage that may cause?

i must be anal about this, i used to fire my sc zs up every few weeks.

Changed car, went away to NZ for 3 weeks, battery died, as did the fob. Lost the love for it. When it was last sorn'd it was running every week, this time was different. But all's good now. :cool2:

Not worried as it is not the first time I have stored a car for a long time and primed it ready to run again. No different to starting a new engine, check everything, get oil pressure etc and hit that button!

ZS
01-02-10, 12:57 PM
I frequently don't start the Landie for months at a time (4 months the last time it was left) I just don't have the time to drive it these days due to young kids! However I've never had any troubles starting it (except when the coolant froze, but then I didn't attempt to start it!!) and never done any damage to it... The head came off this week to get it unleaded converted, so I guess it won't be fired up for a couple of weeks while we do some work that needs doing and is easier with no head... :)

Stamford, Does this mean I'm likely to see your car around again? or still not on the road yet? I assume your not doing the sunday lunchtime meet any more?

peterzs
01-02-10, 01:33 PM
You know the old saying, "lifes too short not to", my motto now!!!!

:band::band::lttd::whistle::whistle:

stamford
01-02-10, 02:26 PM
Stamford, Does this mean I'm likely to see your car around again? or still not on the road yet? I assume your not doing the sunday lunchtime meet any more?

Not on the road yet, too much going on at the moment and with 7 cars on the property I am having trouble accessing it! Not all mine I might add!