PDA

View Full Version : Scratch repair

Jay-ZS+
07-02-10, 04:20 PM
The misses has just got in and some f**ker has put a key down the side of her car! Normanlly it would worry me too much as it aint mine :laugh: but its a new car (59 plate) so she has only had it 6 months or so!

Already had someone reverse in to the back of her leaving tiny dints in the back and now a scratch on the side.

Was watching someone park the other day in town and they just reversed slowly until they got a small bump when they had run out of space!! What is it with some peoples parking skills??! Its always a banger as well which is one think but the car behind is an Audi/Beemer. Anyway the car is irrelevant its not theirs what makes them think they can back in to it!!! :shoot2:

Anyway rant over its now my problem as have to remove it , luckly just gone through the clear coat. So what do people reckon some tcut and a machine pollish or a touch up?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Photo-0145.jpg

Ritchy
07-02-10, 04:22 PM
should maybe see bout getting one of those smart repair people out? i know i cant see the repair at all he did on ma mums car bumper really good job!

peterzs
07-02-10, 06:51 PM
Agree with Ritchy, and do it quick so that water dosnt get under the clear coat, as it lifts it up.

There are a load of W*****s out there that are simple minded and jealous of anything they dont have.

Hope its all sorted easily, the bump repair guys do a great job, if they can get at them, maybe an early birthday present for the GF, cheer her up and may earn you some goody points.

:whistle::whistle::whistle::-D:-D:-D

RudeDogg1
07-02-10, 06:52 PM
dont look very deep but cat realy tell with the pic u could try scratchx if not very deep

stamford
07-02-10, 07:16 PM
What is it with these scrotes! Makes me mad I tell thee!

Steves Cleenz
07-02-10, 08:06 PM
Jay, if you run your finger nail over the scratch, can you feel a a deep notch? as if it feels too deep then it will need painting, if not then it could be polished out

Jay-ZS+
07-02-10, 08:10 PM
Well at the end its pretty deep definatly through the clear coat, Will look in to a touch up pen I reckon

ZS Man
07-02-10, 08:21 PM
Mate get a machine polisher, some G6 or G3 compound and use that with plenty of water. It will come out. The Mrs has a few hedge scratches on her motor and as soon as I have time I will take these out. Make sure you give it a good wax after and try and seal the wax aswell. You can fine polishers on ebay. Dont get the crappy ones with two handles get the proper job that looks all the world like an angle grinder. They will come with 3 variations of foam sponge and are variable speed.
Just make sure that plenty of water is used as lubricant and keep it moving or you will damage the paint.
If I wasn't so busy I would have done it for you.

Jay-ZS+
07-02-10, 08:26 PM
Yer Ive got a machine polisher at my parents house that I used to use when doing resprays, Prehaps will give it a go with a fine cutting compound and what ever is left will touch up.

Where abouts are you based then?

ZS Man
07-02-10, 08:31 PM
Saves a bit of money. Also try and thin down the touch up paint before applying it. Runs into the scratch better and is easier to blend in with the compound after.

I'm in Great Somerford, not far from Malmesbury North Wilts.