PDA

View Full Version : pricing advice / interest

tahitiMiG
11-02-10, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys

I am going to have to let my ZS180 go as I can't afford to run it any more and have a baby now and need a cheap diesel hatch!

The car will be cheap as it has a couple of issues and so I am looking for some pricing feedback / offers etc on here. I would rather it went cheap to someone who will love it rather than trading it in then it goes off to auction.

It is a tahiti blue saloon and has done 62k. There was one owner before me. The car is totally standard and has MOT & Tax until April.

I will be totally honest and get the bad news over first: the car needs some minor bodywork done - the front wing has a small dent and the front bumper and other wing need minor repair / paint as does the rear bumper which is scuffed but not damaged. The car also has the dreaded inlet manifold rattle but it drives perfectly and does not seem to have the VIS issue. It also judders a bit when you pull away at 1500 rpm which I believe is common problem.

The good news:- the alloys were all refurbed about 6 months ago, brand new clutch fitted 3 months ago, cambelts & tensioner changed 10 months ago, hardly any wear on drivers seat bolster, interior completely unmarked.

So on balance the car has issues but has had a lot of the major stuff already done. Maybe someone would like it for an ongoing project? I will post some pics soon but in the meantime I would like to hear your thoughts. I was hoping to sell it for about £1250 or so.....

tahitiMiG
11-02-10, 12:38 PM
sorry forgot to say its a 52 reg and all tyres are good!

stamford
11-02-10, 12:50 PM
Sounds reasonable, these cars are too cheap anyway!

peterzs
11-02-10, 01:51 PM
You have had the most expensive bits done, belts, clutch, if your looking for £1250, I'd put it in for £1500. ovno. Those two items must have come close to that.

If it were me, I would try for more, say £1950 ono then come down a bit for the dings and paint, you can always come down on price, never up, but then thats me!!!

At £1250, people will expect you to let it go for £1000.

Best of luck with the sale.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: