PDA

View Full Version : Average price for Cambelt change? ZS180

Southside_ZS
11-02-10, 09:38 PM
I've decided if i like the ZS and decide to keep it i might get the belts changed. Whats the average going rate for them to be done if i supply parts?

I'd get the full kit of belts and tensioners and the waterpump myself.

Rabett
11-02-10, 10:08 PM
What about getting Lates to do them? www.lates600.com

stamford
12-02-10, 07:21 AM
Most people would supply and fit for a set price. If you supply the parts then how would you cover yourself with regards a guarantee? I would prefer to get the whole thing done with a firm guarantee.

Prices vary depending upon where you go and who you trust. I would only go to someone who knows how to do them and has the kit but more importantly reputation!

Russell of http://www.mgroversolutions.com/ has quoted me £350 and that is coming to me to do it. He just repaired the wife's MGF this week and did a cracking job and that was him doing it at my house. Drop him an email via the website and see what you get back as his final price is dependant upon distance travelling from home to postcode.

Southside_ZS
12-02-10, 04:41 PM
Only reason i wanted to supply parts is so i know they are good quality and not cheap crap.

£350 seams good. I was was worried it was going to be more like £500

Is that £350 just to do belts or waterpump aswell?

nath86
12-02-10, 04:44 PM
I would of thought you cant get cheap parts anymore regards to the cambelt kits

stamford
13-02-10, 10:05 PM
Only reason i wanted to supply parts is so i know they are good quality and not cheap crap.

£350 seams good. I was was worried it was going to be more like £500

Is that £350 just to do belts or waterpump aswell?

Water pump is extra, £350 was the quoted job including belts.

Jay-ZS+
14-02-10, 11:10 AM
Do you know where he is based Mick?

stamford
14-02-10, 05:13 PM
I am guessing somewhere near Sevenoaks in Kent judging by the postcode on his website.