PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T. Coming Up!!

SheppeyTrio
11-02-10, 10:06 PM
My car is going for it's M.O.T. on Monday 15th. Hopefully i won't have any probs once i've got my reflectors on the back of it and slightly brighter lamps!! Fingers crossed!! :clover:

will-w
12-02-10, 12:31 AM
Good luck mate, not that it'll need it I'm sure!!

stamford
12-02-10, 07:08 AM
I'm sure it will breeze through.

peterzs
12-02-10, 07:35 AM
Bit like having a baby, (only joking gals) paceing up and down in the waiting room, reading the old Autocars, the door opens and the tester says.....................its passed!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::laugh::laugh:

Dan1971
12-02-10, 07:38 AM
Sure she'll be fine mate ....

SheppeyTrio
14-02-10, 05:31 PM
Have given the old girl a quick wash and stuck the reflectors on! Will post whether she gets through or not!! Fingers crossed!! LoL

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 04:10 PM
Well guess wot???? ............................................ It passed!!!
:yay: :thumbsup: :clap:
The only thing he wasn't too happy about was the bulbs in the tinted rear lights, but i've got 36w ones on there way here as i type, so should def be bright enough after that!! Well thats the M.O.T. over for another year, just gotta get my cam belt done now!!
:mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce:

Ritchy
15-02-10, 04:39 PM
36 watt? that may be a bit too bright mate! possibly melting issues and blowing fuses, 10watt should be enough to shine through good about the pass though woohooo

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 04:43 PM
36 watt? that may be a bit too bright mate! possibly melting issues and blowing fuses, 10watt should be enough to shine through good about the pass though woohooo

gonna use the 36w for brake and rear fog lights! got 10's in the tail lights already! And the 36w are LEDs so no heat and very little power problems!! I hope! LoL

Ritchy
15-02-10, 04:47 PM
aww good stuff! yeah led's draw next to no current, will be less than the current 21watt bulbs, just if it was watts as in P=IV it would be drawing 3 amps per bulb so coulda been blowing fuses thats all:)

peterzs
15-02-10, 06:17 PM
Thats all good, he was happy with the reflectors by the sound of it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 06:44 PM
Thats all good, he was happy with the reflectors by the sound of it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah, i guess so!? He never said anything about it! I put some small one's on the lower bumper. Will post some pictures on here when i've washed the car properly! Oh and i've gotta get a couple of forum stickers put back on the car from where i accidentally scrapped them off in the snow!!

peterzs
15-02-10, 07:09 PM
Must admit I looked at black rear lights for my one as I thought they would look good with the yellow but I couldnt work out how the reflectors could be seen.

Never even thought of sticking some on!! Doh!!

Wife's Punto has some strip reflectors that I noticed yesterday when I was washing it. Just shows what you don't see.

:-D:-D:-D

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 07:18 PM
Got reflectors from Halfords, they say they're door reflectors but they do the job i put these sideways!! http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_18 5258_langId_-1_categoryId_165675

peterzs
15-02-10, 07:22 PM
Good way to keep the MOT man happy, suppose we have the Number plates now that do a good job at reflecting lights.

:-D:-D:-D:-D

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 07:29 PM
Good way to keep the MOT man happy, suppose we have the Number plates now that do a good job at reflecting lights.

:-D:-D:-D:-D

Number plates are good but you have to have red reflectors on the rear. And these were the smallest and neatest i could find!

peterzs
15-02-10, 08:30 PM
Number plates are good but you have to have red reflectors on the rear. And these were the smallest and neatest i could find!

Have they got the peel off stick stuff on the back??

SheppeyTrio
15-02-10, 09:06 PM
Have they got the peel off stick stuff on the back??

Yes m8 they do!

SheppeyTrio
16-02-10, 09:08 PM
The 36w bulbs have now turned up! Will post a new thread in Members Cars with pics before and after fitting bulbs! And show the reflectors off!

starfire039
17-02-10, 08:17 PM
Never panic at MOT time, Z's always fly through if you treat them with respect and do everything by the book!