PDA

View Full Version : Washer Jets

Jay-ZS+
12-02-10, 03:35 PM
Another thing thats on my list is the washer jets dont seem to work, Ive checked fuses and nozzles took the pump and bottle off to see if there is a filter that blocks like the ZT but no gave the bottle and pump a clean of any gunk. Cleaned the connectors of the pump. You hear the pump making its noise but nothing else. I checked the hose to see if it was trapped anywhere but seems fine. Are the pumps known for failing?? At the moment im pouring water of the screen as I drive :laugh:

Ritchy
12-02-10, 03:57 PM
take the hose off, and depending on what youve got, blow down the hose towards the screen, then back towards the bottle too, or if you have a compressor bow down it with this, if its making its noise then its probably a block in the hose or jet itself, try tak the hose of the jet n see if water is coming through

Jay-ZS+
12-02-10, 04:00 PM
No water by the jets will get a compressor on it if I take the car home,

Ritchy
12-02-10, 04:08 PM
what about if you take the hose off at the pump water spirting out there?, get a compressor and blow through from the pump end up, if u do it the other way round theres a chance you could end up getting wet, not like anyones ever done that to an astra before though....

Jay-ZS+
12-02-10, 04:11 PM
yer water comes through the pump. Must be a blocked hose

Ritchy
12-02-10, 04:13 PM
yeah or as you said kinked, compressed air will sort it:P