PDA

View Full Version : swaps a swap right

andys1981
13-02-10, 09:29 PM
i swapped my 2.2 vectra y reg 98,000,great cond,for a mgzs 180 02 reg with 72300 on clock,belts done at 60,000,every weekend since ive swapped,this is now the 4th,i keep getting hassle,from the new owner of vectra,saying this is wrong that is wrong,which is total mince,ive always had vauxhalls,swore id never stray,but im happy with the mg,hes threatened me to come down and sort it 3 times,having always being at the weekend hes on brave pills,honestly a even got vectra motd the day before i was going to look at the mg,how honest is that,could you guys please give opinions on what i should do,as hes being out of order,thanks guys

stamford
13-02-10, 09:48 PM
Tell him to 'do one' as they say...........sold as seen and tested right?

Does he only have your phone number, or knows where you live?

I'd pay him a visit with some mates and shut him up, put him on the spot.

andys1981
14-02-10, 01:33 AM
thanks mate may just do that,ave been texting him bout the hole thing,a just dont want trouble at my bit,as im constant 2-10 backshift,kinda worries the misses eh,she knows i would do my duty, gonna to,hes neglected the car as it is,as theres a few scrapes from his works van on it,it keeps goin am gonna need to do something,130 mile round trip and a fight over a tyre?guys got problems if you ask me,craig has dealt with him aswell,hes got my address thru the v5 doc

grimmy
14-02-10, 01:34 AM
Tell him to jog on, he done the deal if he ain't happy then it's his problem not yours.

andys1981
14-02-10, 01:43 AM
as a said graham ave been doin this for a month,am tired wi it,he can bolt,hes going to vosa or a lawyer,bring it on

Craig
14-02-10, 08:58 AM
Mate, like I said to you tell him to do one. Might be an idea mentioning to him that the prelude he swapped me had been clocked 50k! I dont know if he did it but im pretty sure he had something to do with it. If you swap a car its your responsibility to check it completely. If you dont then tough shoite, you gotta live with it.

talkingcars
14-02-10, 10:44 AM
Name the bloke.

Jay-ZS+
14-02-10, 11:04 AM
'Sold as Seen' end of!

vinny1979
14-02-10, 12:50 PM
Name the bloke.

agreed

Bobdope2002
14-02-10, 01:19 PM
if the car is as you said in mint conditon when you swapped it then its not your problem.. Tell the guy sold as seen and that its his problem now and not yours.....

maybe its the fact hes gone from a car with character to a bland peice off rubbish maybe he wants the Zed back :p

SheppeyTrio
14-02-10, 01:37 PM
swapped as seen!! Tell him to jog on!!! If he's not happy with the Vectra then he shouldn't have swapped in the first place!!!!

nath86
14-02-10, 01:38 PM
Iv had all this trouble before, when i sold my wrx shitpreza i had an email 2 days later, i got the car to france and then the big ends went (he was scottish, in the army based in germany), now you have to pay the repair bills or i may pay you a visit, went on for about a week with threatening emails, then it went to im goin through small claims courts etc, i still aint heard anything back and thts 3 years now lol, the funny thing was that the impreza was very tidy and he took 8 hours looking at it, jacked every corner up to check absolutly everything and i even picked him up from bristol airport free of charge which he was ment to pay for but didnt and that was a 110 mile round trip in it. What more can you say.

Just ignore him and it should stop, if he does come round then call police as any other way will land you in trouble IMO ;)

Ritchy
14-02-10, 01:42 PM
that^^^^

andys1981
14-02-10, 01:52 PM
Iv had all this trouble before, when i sold my wrx shitpreza i had an email 2 days later, i got the car to france and then the big ends went (he was scottish, in the army based in germany), now you have to pay the repair bills or i may pay you a visit, went on for about a week with threatening emails, then it went to im goin through small claims courts etc, i still aint heard anything back and thts 3 years now lol, the funny thing was that the impreza was very tidy and he took 8 hours looking at it, jacked every corner up to check absolutly everything and i even picked him up from bristol airport free of charge which he was ment to pay for but didnt and that was a 110 mile round trip in it. What more can you say.

Just ignore him and it should stop, if he does come round then call police as any other way will land you in trouble IMO ;)
funny thing was the engine management,came on again the night before,i phoned him told him all about it,car was still running fine,i even drove from falkirk to dundee,to prove it was a good car,as of today,thats him had the car a month now,mgs fine,ha ha

talkingcars
14-02-10, 05:44 PM
This reminds me of when I traded my first maestro in for a montego estate. TBH the maestro was dying, oil leak from the bell housing was getting oil on the clutch and when it was warm it was almost undrivable, there were other little things.

I got a resonable trade in deal for it but as the battery was only a few months old I changed it for one that only held just enough charge overnight.

Did the trade on the Saturday, got an angry call on the monday from the garage, I'd ripped him off, blah blah blah, I told him they had accepted the car, it was their problem.

Jay-ZS+
14-02-10, 05:48 PM
Nice to see someone getting one over a used car garage rather than the other way round :laugh:

Southside_ZS
14-02-10, 06:01 PM
I've had this a few times. All a part of selling used cars nowadays unfortunatly. Just people seam to want something for nothing.

I sold one of my ZS's this time last year, couple of days later the guy i sold it to rang me complaining the backlight bulb had gone on the interior clock, yes seriously, and was moaning he took me as an honest guy and thought the car was in perfect working order. I said to him christ mate its a 50p bulb for gods sake get a life.

On another note though i have heard legally a car cant be "sold as seen". How true it is i dont know.

Jay-ZS+
14-02-10, 06:06 PM
I would have asked if he wanted a bulb sent for the price of postage :laugh:

If its not sold as seen how is it sold and where do you stand selling a sh car?

peterzs
14-02-10, 06:25 PM
I would have asked if he wanted a bulb sent for the price of postage :laugh:

If its not sold as seen how is it sold and where do you stand selling a sh car?

Hi and :hi:

Think you have to sell a car as "fit for purpose", if its MOT,d and no known faults, think I would offer a test drive and get the punter to say that he had driven it and was happy to buy it on that basis.

I know you have 2 hours to return a car that you bought at auction if there is a major prolem thats not declared. There is also a listing that says, once sold no come back, but the price normally is a lot lower.

Thing is the car could be perfect when you sell it, get a nutter in it, revs it like mad, hits potholes or the kerb and its bu****d. Not your fault but bet they would come whinging back.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Smokie
14-02-10, 06:41 PM
A car trader cannot sell a car "sold as seen" no matter what they say they can't do it. i think a private buyer can sell a car as "sold as seen". lets face it when you buy / swop a second hand car you know you will find a few things wrong with it no matter how well you check it over, but i always build that into my budget when buying a secondhand car and keep a little bit back for repairs or the odd mod!

Jay-ZS+
14-02-10, 06:56 PM
Well someone recently said one mans problem is anothers niggle, and one mans niggle isnt a problem at all.

Southside_ZS
14-02-10, 09:49 PM
Thing is if i bought a used car and something went wrong with it i'd never dream about going back to the previous owner to complain unless it was blatently obvious they'd bodged it to sell.

At the end of the day thats why you go to view a car first and thats the risk you take. If you dont want the risk buy a brand new car or used from a dealer with warantee but then you pay extra for the privalige.

Ritchy
14-02-10, 09:55 PM
just come out with the line, listen mate, its a 11 year old car, you saw it, test droveit, hapilly agreed for a swap, if you dont like it, go to a lawyer he'll tell ye dont have a leg to stand on either, now please stop wasting my time

Dan1971
15-02-10, 07:52 AM
If you buy/trade/swap/buy a car privately you have no come back unless you can prove some sort of misrepresentation at which point you're looking at very costly civil court.

He's not got a leg to stand on - the same as you wouldn't if it were the other way around.

andys1981
15-02-10, 11:21 AM
think its sorted anyway,as the two of us were arguing about it all last nite,hes now swapping it on weds for a corsa,as he wasnt listning to me my big bro gave him a phone call,ten minutes later,i got a text saying,that was the end of it,and i wont hear from again

p_b82
15-02-10, 11:44 AM
glad to hear you have got it sorted, but it is one risk i suppose of doing a swap or even a private sale, if the swapper\buyer becomes a PITA

stamford
15-02-10, 11:51 AM
Just goes to show that there are still naive buyers out there who do not have a clue when it comes to such transactions.

Then again he may be a scam artist who preys on weak minded people and either swaps parts over from 'swapped' cars to get another one sold and then attempts a claim back from the original deal. The Prelude just smacks of underhand dealing and I guess he is a scammer of sorts.

Dan1971
15-02-10, 02:50 PM
Big brothers doing what they do best. :clap2:

peterzs
15-02-10, 03:31 PM
Big Bro, deserves a big pint by the sound of it, glad its sorted for you.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Craig
15-02-10, 08:00 PM
Nice one mate glad its all sorted. One things springs to mind though. He's went from a ZS to a corsa, what a fooking tool lol. I must admit I never had and threats when I swapped him for the prelude. He got a good deal though, he got a good car, not a flamming vectra :D

martyn bro
15-02-10, 08:04 PM
he should have checked it out properly!! ive just sold a 306 to a lad in bristol. gave me a deposit of 350 with a balance of 2k on delivery. he taken delivery and its fine, well i knew it would be as my cars are mint. had he said otherwise he wouldnt have got his money back anyway- buyer should do his homework, end of me included. my new zs has a few little probs but i guess it would have anyway.thats life

Jay-ZS+
15-02-10, 08:06 PM
He's went from a ZS to a corsa, what a fooking tool lol.

My thought exactly!

andys1981
15-02-10, 09:45 PM
well we will wait and see what happens,thats all i can do,hope he gets corsa can start hasseling somebody else eh!

starfire039
16-02-10, 06:01 PM
Glad it's sorted, don't take any bs. This is a lesson to everyone, himself and yourself in used car buying- if a component is not stated on the advert as being working, assume it is broken.