PDA

View Full Version : Knob

skyblueads
14-02-10, 06:45 PM
I was driving a really nice MG TF for MG Enthusiast today, cracking car, the owner let me take it out on the road on my own for a proper road-test and while I was winding my way around north Cornwall I thought 'Hmm, what a lovely knob' so I'm thinking, will the TF knob fit my ZS?

ZS
15-02-10, 07:09 AM
If it doesn't it will with a bit of modding ;)

stamford
15-02-10, 07:36 AM
A Frankie Howerd moment there!

Squeaks
15-02-10, 07:38 AM
Ive tried to get my Chrome MGF Knob to fit my ZS,

The MGF/TF ones screw into place, I know if it was to go on a ZTT it would been to be boardout more, i think it would be the same with the zs, but then you have the problem of fitting it in place.

skyblueads
15-02-10, 08:17 AM
Hmm. I guess if I can find a cheap one, it might be worth a try

Zippy Saloon
15-02-10, 08:42 AM
If all else fails drill the hole bigger and lashings of Araldite, then cross fingers you never want it off again.

stamford
15-02-10, 11:57 AM
Ive tried to get my Chrome MGF Knob to fit my ZS,

The MGF/TF ones screw into place, I know if it was to go on a ZTT it would been to be boardout more, i think it would be the same with the zs, but then you have the problem of fitting it in place.

:laugh: loving the version there.............bored out ;)

I once drilled and tapped an 8 ball to fit my Marina van :whistle:

You can get it to fit as long as you know the final sizes required and get a bush turned up as a press fit or better still use a grub screw.

bmm87
15-02-10, 01:23 PM
i put a tf knob in my zr, i wrapped a couple of rounds of tape round the thread and wedged it on lol, hasnt come off tho, and thats about 4-5 months

Jay-ZS+
15-02-10, 03:54 PM
That reminds me I had a momo one on the 120, which was basically the same as the TF one, and I forgot to swap them over before I sold it! :slap:

Ritchy
15-02-10, 04:44 PM
raging lol, i like my zs one:)