PDA

View Full Version : Chavvy or not?

skyblueads
15-02-10, 09:37 PM
Thinking about these plates for my ZS:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1598/plates.jpg (http://img186.imageshack.us/i/plates.jpg/)

Opinions, please, peeps! I think they're quite smart and my front plate is almost coming off.

Ritchy
15-02-10, 09:40 PM
not exactly legal with the xpower badges, your meant to have the company who made thems name and postcode, the bsau stamp and if anything at the side its the euro thing, however if you would get dug up for it i very much doubt it, i had a scotland flag either side of mine and ritchy wrote under mine for well over 6 months with nothing happening, but i got bored n just reverted back to my MACHARGS plates in the end lol

talkingcars
16-02-10, 05:17 AM
Nice, use velco to stick them over your standard plates so when you get pulled you can appologise and take them off.

dvid
16-02-10, 06:56 AM
Personally i'd go for them without the text underneath, other than that they look cool

Dan1971
16-02-10, 07:15 AM
I had a Scotland flag at the side of mine and themgzs.co.uk at the bottom for my last MOT. No issues. New plates do make a nice change to the car's appearance.

Personally - not keen on all the X-power garb unless you've actually got some X-power performance upgrades.

Jay-ZS+
16-02-10, 07:57 AM
Personally - not keen on all the X-power garb unless you've actually got some X-power performance upgrades.

What do you make of mine then? :laugh::laugh:
Apart from exhaust and springs.......what x-power upgrades?? :yawn:

R8NMG
16-02-10, 09:05 AM
Doesn't look chavvy to me. As said it is illegal to be using that number plate on the road due to the Xpower logo for starters. If you keep the lettering legal then I don't think the traffic officers will bother you too much. MOT time maybe different though.

Simon's ZS-120
16-02-10, 09:16 AM
you will get away with the xpower bits on them

skyblueads
16-02-10, 09:37 AM
My other thought was to put my websites URL along the bottom of the plate, but I like the S&R tagline.

jamiehunn
16-02-10, 11:41 AM
If you get pulled by the police for having these on, youre very unlucky!Think they'd look better with no writing underneath though!

stamford
16-02-10, 12:29 PM
They look fine, I've been looking at new plates for mine but got carried away with the design function and made them look tacky!

It's a lottery if you get pulled or not, I have seen alot worse on the roads. You can always fit a standard set for MOT time.

Stevedx
16-02-10, 12:50 PM
I like them, are there any online site you can get plates made on?

jamiehunn
16-02-10, 01:35 PM
If you get pulled by the police for having these on, youre very unlucky!Think they'd look better with no writing underneath though!

p_b82
16-02-10, 02:30 PM
mine has been through 3 MOT's with a 'Display plate' on the front which i got from the web - it is completely normal looking but is blank 100% no additional writing etc.

I know it is not made to the correct standard tho as the lettering has chipped off a bit with stone chips.

If you get the england, scottish, welsh, irish Or union Jack flag (or EU flag) on the back with the GB letters then you dont need to have additional notification of your country anymore.

It would save me plopping the magnetic GB i have when i need to go abroad :)

Jay-ZS+
16-02-10, 02:41 PM
You wont get pulled it may just be an MOT advisory that it doesnt have the bsau.

grimmy
16-02-10, 05:22 PM
I like them very smart.

Ritchy
16-02-10, 05:25 PM
I had a Scotland flag at the side of mine and themgzs.co.uk at the bottom for my last MOT. No issues. New plates do make a nice change to the car's appearance.

Dan are you scottish?

Dan1971
16-02-10, 05:46 PM
Dan are you scottish?

Yes mate ....

stamford
16-02-10, 09:33 PM
Dan are you scottish?

Yes mate ....

:laugh: I wonder what gave it away! :whistle:

Ritchy
16-02-10, 09:44 PM
omg when did this happen, why did no one tell me lol, herts is in england i think

talkingcars
17-02-10, 06:40 PM
omg when did this happen, why did no one tell me lol, herts is in england i think

My parents left Scotland in the late 1950's, my dad is still scotish even though he has only lived in surrey, Sussex and milton Keynes since then.
My mum only managed surrey and west sussex sadly.

Ritchy
17-02-10, 08:24 PM
id clasify myself as scottish as i was born in scotland, n lived here all my life, but my mum and dad arfe both from dorset and all my relatives live there and came from there

Dan1971
17-02-10, 08:27 PM
Getting well off topic now .... but ....

Both my parents were Scottish, I was born in Luton. We moved back to Scotland when I was about 4 so my schooling and formative years were all in Scotland. I came down to London when I was 17 to join "The Job" and have been here since.

I consider myself to be 100% Scottish. If a dog's born in a stable, that doesn't make it a horse. It's blood that matters.

My wife is English and both my sons were born here. My boys can make their own decision on where their allegiances lie - but until they leave home - they are Scottish.