PDA

View Full Version : zs 180 wings flared arch's

ZS B19LYB
13-09-07, 08:15 PM
if anyone has these parts give me a shout cheers.

mrt_04
14-09-07, 03:28 PM
Corrrrrrrr, holy grail they are!!!!!!! I have been waiting 18 months for mine.

I will advise if I can get some mouldings done.

michaelb
14-09-07, 03:35 PM
if anyone has these parts give me a shout cheers.

here are the 'gills' http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-180-WING-VENTS-SHARK-GILLS-NEW_W0QQitemZ280151505979QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43118Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

although you would have to cut the wing for them to fit correctly.

the flared arches are indeed very difficult to source.

there have been a few '180' bodykit sets on ebay but usually seem to have certain bits missing.

i think its just easier to buy a mk2 with the kit fitted.

mrt_04
14-09-07, 03:46 PM
Yeah your right Michael, the kits never have the flared arches (saloon or hatch) supplied with them.

As I have previously posted, I have made enquiries for mouldings to be made. Just need to :

A. Borrow a set
B Get the exact design to copy

Even if hatch version of flares, can still get them cut for lengthening for saloon.
Moulding company can reverse engineer oneside, so really only need one flare...........one little flare!!!!

Mat C
14-09-07, 04:16 PM
Someone on Brit-cars.com (user name ZS) is selling a mk1 ZS180 that he was going to convert into a MK2 lookalike. PM him as i know he has just about the whole bodykit that he never got around to fitting.

mrt_04
14-09-07, 04:30 PM
Cheers Matt, will try!!!

al_roverMG
15-09-07, 06:08 PM
although you would have to cut the wing for them to fit correctly.

Why do you have to cut the wing to fit them??? they are not functional on the 180s they just sit flush to the wing.

mrt_04
17-09-07, 08:21 AM
Hatchback flares are shorter than saloon types.
If hatchback type are sourced, could get bodyshop or moulder to lengthen for saloon.

Shafz
17-09-07, 09:21 AM
Yeah your right Michael, the kits never have the flared arches (saloon or hatch) supplied with them.

As I have previously posted, I have made enquiries for mouldings to be made. Just need to :

A. Borrow a set
B Get the exact design to copy

Even if hatch version of flares, can still get them cut for lengthening for saloon.
Moulding company can reverse engineer oneside, so really only need one flare...........one little flare!!!!

would be good if we all chipped in to get the moulding replicated to keep ZS's alive!