PDA

View Full Version : Heated Windscreen????

SheppeyTrio
18-02-10, 05:56 PM
Just a couple of quick questions. Does anyone know if you can get front heated windscreen for the ZS?? Has Anyone ever done it???

RudeDogg1
18-02-10, 06:23 PM
i wouldnt of thought so as its only fords that have em because ford own the rights for them unless u can get a ford one that would fit but then uve got to figure out the wiring

skyblueads
18-02-10, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Ford cornered the rights to the tech, which means other cars having them is limited.

Having said that I know you could get them for the (proper) Mini-those ones were about £100 or so, and had two thin black strips running top and bottom of the screen.

Zippy Saloon
18-02-10, 06:42 PM
You'd think it would be a good money spinner for ford to license it to other manufacturers really.
Our Focus and mums Fusion have it and its great in winter.

talkingcars
18-02-10, 06:42 PM
Use the aircon, it's almost as quick.

RudeDogg1
18-02-10, 06:55 PM
yeah all cars should have em

KevG
18-02-10, 08:56 PM
Ford Europe invented the "Quickclear Heated Windscreen"(it is called "Instaclear" in America) back in 1985, and was first used in the UK on the Granada/Scorpio Mk3 models, , iit also found its way on to lesser models, such as the Ghia editions.
Ford has the patent for this technology and has very little rivals, but GM has developed there own called "Electriclear" which works in a similar way.

arwilson80
19-02-10, 08:41 AM
I think that you can get custom made ones from the likes of Demon Tweeks.