View Full Version : should I stay or should i go

vinny1979
28-02-10, 08:48 AM
2004 172 clio for mine plus cash.

Clio worth more £3700 trade in

talkingcars
28-02-10, 08:52 AM
Owning an MG is a passion.

Are you thinking with your heart or your wallet?

Do the swap, sell the clio, sell it and spend the money on another ZS?

RudeDogg1
28-02-10, 09:09 AM
a clio is abit of a downstep aint it? id b scared driving a car with metal as strong as foil lol

Alan.F
28-02-10, 09:09 AM
Owning an MG is a passion.

Are you thinking with your heart or your wallet?

Do the swap, sell the clio, sell it and spend the money on another ZS?

Sounds like a plan

vinny1979
28-02-10, 10:12 AM
both rear handles have came off in my hand, had enough

weagie
28-02-10, 10:14 AM
Both rear? I cant use any of mine without a fight and profuse swearing but she stays, i will fix them soon.

peterzs
28-02-10, 10:39 AM
both rear handles have came off in my hand, had enough

Bit of Araldite stuff and its mended.

:devil::devil:

vinny1979
28-02-10, 11:12 AM
Bit of Araldite stuff and its mended.

:devil::devil:

done it, broken again.

id like to punch the guy who designed them in the face :pimp:

peterzs
28-02-10, 11:15 AM
done it, broken again.

id like to punch the guy who designed them in the face :pimp:

Must make them strong in Lincs.

:super::super:

Smokey
28-02-10, 11:19 AM
I'd keep the ZS over a Clio any day, more street presence, more fun and its not french!

will-w
28-02-10, 11:20 AM
I'd do the swap personally...

The 172 is known to have a few minor electrical gremlins, but as long as you don't feed or water them they're alright! ;)

If I wasn't just about to get the cambelt done on my derv I'd get rid of it tomorrow.. Can't really justify spending out and then getting shot straight away :(

Dan1971
28-02-10, 02:47 PM
I've always liked the 172. If you think it's a good deal mate ... go for it. Proper pocket rocket they are. If you don't need a 4 door - Do it.

Just make sure it's not a dog and that's why you're getting what appears to be a good deal.

will-w
28-02-10, 03:29 PM
Actually, just thought... Don't do it if it's blue with white stripes!!!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/e/ec/Gollum-chav2.jpg/300px-Gollum-chav2.jpg

Dan1971
28-02-10, 03:39 PM
Actually, just thought... Don't do it if it's blue with white stripes!!!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/e/ec/Gollum-chav2.jpg/300px-Gollum-chav2.jpg

No no no ....... DO it if it's got Viper stripes .... They make them go well fast innit

Ritchy
28-02-10, 03:47 PM
No no no ....... DO it if it's got Viper stripes .... They make them go well fast innit

theres dan down with the kids:P put rover 400 handles on it it wont break then theyre much stronger, id prefer a zs over a clio, but you could get the clio and sell it with money in your pocket, but there surely is a reason he wants to sell it

Marky Mark
28-02-10, 03:56 PM
Is it the 172 Cup version? That is a nice motor and very quick and light.

But I would rather keep the zed for looks, handling and they are so much fun to drive, they do have there problems like every road car does, I think you will regret selling your ZS ;)

Maxxed_Ross
01-03-10, 08:56 AM
My girlfriend had one when they were first launched, the biggest pile of French cr*p I've ever has the torture of living with. Power was pathetic, most of interior fell apart at some point and the bits that didn't rattled from day 1

and don't get me started on the electrical faults. I was on first name terms with the RAC man he was here that often because it refused to start/unlock/move

peterzs
01-03-10, 09:45 AM
My girlfriend had one when they were first launched, the biggest pile of French cr*p I've ever has the torture of living with. Power was pathetic, most of interior fell apart at some point and the bits that didn't rattled from day 1

and don't get me started on the electrical faults. I was on first name terms with the RAC man he was here that often because it refused to start/unlock/move

Thats a don't do it then???

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

stamford
01-03-10, 12:12 PM
Take it for a long test drive before committing yourself. Compare the two and if you still feel that way then 'go' ;)

starfire039
01-03-10, 06:11 PM
If you're getting rid of a ZS because of reliability/build quality issues, then a Clio is not a logical step. Just buy jap and get it over with! ;)

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-10, 10:37 AM
Thats a don't do it then???

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think it might be... French hunk of junk