PDA

View Full Version : sticking the rear view mirror back on

chriszs180
09-07-07, 09:40 AM
onyone had trouble with there rear view mirror knocked it off the other day and have tried halfords rear view glue and it fell off again tried aradalt(how ever you spell that.) and didnt stick any options...

Zippy Saloon
09-07-07, 09:47 AM
Sticky pads usually work well - the ones made specifically for mirrors. Have to make sure the bits are spotlessly clean though, a quick wipe wipe thinners, meths, nail varnish remover or similar should do it.

stamford
09-07-07, 12:36 PM
Make sure the glass is totaly clean, use alcohol. The mirror backing must also be free of all residue and flat. I always use sandpaper on a flat surface to smooth the mating face, too fine a grade will only make it harder to attach. An abrasive surface 'keys' better and allows the bonding agent room to move, again use alcohol to cleanse. I use normal Loctite Superglue, just a couple of drops is required, capillary action does the rest.

Oh, and remove the mirror from the bracket, it's easy to handle and less weight hanging off it when 'going off', then replace mirror.

arwilson80
09-07-07, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure what 'we' used, but there were various different adhesive pads and glues bought and none were overly good TBH. :(

Think the sticky mirror pads were the best of a bad bunch.

sduk
09-07-07, 05:22 PM
was gonna suggest that aswell.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Sticky-Interior-Rear-View-Mirror-Mounting-Pads_W0QQitemZ230148649600QQihZ013QQcategoryZ40199 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem