PDA

View Full Version : Resonator link pipe for a 180 needed

MG ZS STE
15-03-10, 12:23 PM
Hey, anybody got a spare resonator link pipe for a ZS180. Thats the pipe that links the bottom of the OE panel filter to the Resonator tucked behind the inner wing. You may have one of these going spare if you have recently ditched the OE set up in favour of an open cone set up.

Mine was missing when i got the car and dont wish to reconnect the restrictive resonator. I just want to use the pipe to make a bespoke ram air system straight into the panel filter.

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated, anwsers on a post card, calls may be charged but not counted.

stamford
15-03-10, 12:31 PM
:hi: an important part, steer clear of any deep puddles! Years ago that was my first modification. I removed the resonator box and clamped a length of the wifes tumble dryer hose (she never noticed it was shorter! :whistle: ) to the end of said pipe and clamped this to the inner wing area near the headlight. Made a difference too just as you are mentioning, this eventually lead to the BMC CDA I now have, that's been on for about 4 years now.

MG ZS STE
15-03-10, 07:45 PM
Yeah, could use something like that i guess but the resonator link pipe has a flat on the wall which would mate much better than regular ducting.

Maxxed_Ross
16-03-10, 06:27 AM
I think I still have mine somewhere in the garage, I'll have a look

MG ZS STE
17-03-10, 07:57 PM
I think I still have mine somewhere in the garage, I'll have a look

Ended up buying one from Dogsbe, could use about 0.5M of 76mm flexible ducting though if anyones got some spare?

stamford
18-03-10, 07:27 AM
Go visit a DIY store, plenty of stuff there.