PDA

View Full Version : Door handles

Mojojojo
15-03-10, 03:58 PM
The rear left door handle on my ZS, has been a bit off since I first bought it, but seeing as I rarely need to use the back, I've kinda ignored it.

Gave a lift to some people the other day & one of the guys managed to pull the door handle & the plate that its mounted into out of the door. She needed to go into the garage for a service anyway, so they managed to get everything stuck back in place while she was in there but the mechanism is knackered now so I can't use the door. Not a major problem but a bit annoying.

So does anyone know where I can get a new handle etc in Ignition Blue to fit my rear left door? Not pressing but I'd like to try & replace it at some point.

Ritchy
15-03-10, 04:18 PM
if you get rover 40 handles they are a bit better and stronger, and just either paint it yourself or get a body shop to do it it wouldnt be much

Maxxed_Ross
15-03-10, 04:48 PM
+1, they seem to be made out of slightly stronger plastic but are exactly the same in every other way

Zippy Saloon
15-03-10, 05:29 PM
The mounting bosses on the 400 ones are slightly shorter, fitted some on mates ZS. Easily sorted by supergluing some washers to the bosses. Theres probably less than 1mm difference but its enough to distort the handles when tightened up.
Broken handles can be fixed, see the pdf towards end of this thread.
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=29077

talkingcars
15-03-10, 08:07 PM
You'll need it sorted by your next MOT.