PDA

View Full Version : My next car

g8ndj
17-03-10, 10:19 PM
Well it time I make up my mind what to do . . . Next year I need a project to do on my college course. I've already got a modified mini that is going to be sold to get the next car.
When its sold Ive got £2000ish
So far I'm thinking about MX5 1.8 and turbo it (i havent looked that much into it yet), 2nd MG ZS 120 and just track prepare it or keep the mini and build a full race engine.

What does everyone think???

grimmy
17-03-10, 10:22 PM
Well it time I make up my mind what to do . . . Next year I need a project to do on my college course. I've already got a modified mini that is going to be sold to get the next car.
When its sold Ive got £2000ish
So far I'm thinking about MX5 1.8 and turbo it (i havent looked that much into it yet), 2nd MG ZS 120 and just track prepare it or keep the mini and build a full race engine.

What does everyone think???
Mini full race engine for me been getting right into these wee buggers lately and would love to do something like that, seen one recently RRD pulling over 180 HP totally nuts

g8ndj
17-03-10, 10:31 PM
Mini full race engine for me been getting right into these wee buggers lately and would love to do something like that, seen one recently RRD pulling over 180 HP totally nuts

NICE!!! well mines had over £3500 spent on it, full cage and racing seats etc. . . . shame its a standard 998cc. just the body lets it down and you know how much they rust :(

stamford
18-03-10, 07:23 AM
MX5? Nah! I would keep the Mini and sell the tuned engine and go for a vtec or motorbike conversion, rose jointed beam axle etc.

I used to have a 1340 Mini with all the right bits and made my own beam axle, nice and light!