PDA

View Full Version : ZS180 hatch in solar red

Boot Hill Bandit
21-03-10, 08:25 PM
Car has done 93k miles but belts have already been done as well as loads of other work (please read below) don't be put off by the higher mileage as it has had an engine change and runs silky smooth and no smoking. Recent oil service a month or so ago before I parked her up on the drive. Oil used is stuck on the underside of parcelshelf ;)

It has air con, Red Monaco seats, 17" straight alloy wheels, front foglamps and a sunroof too :-D also has Infinity Reference speakers front and back and a Sony CDX headunit too with MP3/MP4 socket under the gear gaitor ;) out of sight, out of mind!

Just to mention the work that has been done to this car......

Engine change in 2007 along with a rebuilt PG1 Quaiffe ATB LSD gearbox (approx ?1500 spent including having it fitted), Janspeed exhaust manifolds (?500) and Piper cat back exhaust system (?400), Genuine MG Rover clutch, Genuine MG Rover belts and tensioner done and waterpump and thermostat, plenum (?500), air conditioning re gased!!!!!!!

Since then it has also had......... brand new seat covers fitted 6 months ago and the thick piled carpet cleaned and dyed black to make it look fresh and more up to date, one off custom gear gaitor, red Monogram steering wheel, Mintex brake pads and discs all round at Christmas 2009 (?150), Superflex polybushes all round (?900), Motobuild lowering springs (?140), 4 nearly new Yokohama Paradas, probably lots of other little bits I have forgotten about too.

This car is much loved by me..........I wouldn't say it is immaculate as it isn't. It is however in very good condition for age and no expense has been spared! I have put a lot of TLC into the car as well as money and I'm sure it is a complete bargain for peeps out there!

You won't find many other cars out there with all the work I have done to it for silly money.

I have removed the tax from the car as it was just ticking away sat on my drive. It does however have 7 months MOT left on her :-D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0975.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0976.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0977.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0980.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/DSCF0973.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/INTERIORRESPRAY.jpg

Just to add, the signwriting has been removed without any issues and no fading signs........the picture of the silver dash and centre console was done very early on when I had the car........the seat covers are now brand new and the carpet no longer dirty and grey......it is black :)

Price lowered.........AGAIN...........because of engine problem on my ZT. Want this to go to a good home peeps and used as it should be.

?1800

peterzs
21-03-10, 08:37 PM
Sorry its got to go, sounds a bargain with all the work done.

Best of luck with the sale.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stevedx
21-03-10, 09:47 PM
cant believe your selling

stamford
21-03-10, 09:51 PM
I am surprised. Both at selling and also at the price. What's next a diesel family estate? ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
21-03-10, 09:53 PM
I must be mad I know. I hope everyone realises this and knows that it is that good a deal!!! Hope someone comes along and buys it and can play with it as intended back in 2007.......

One very capable car that just needs a little more love and attention. Baby is due August and I need to be concentrating on that.

I think everyone knows the car well enough that so much has been replaced that it is as new as it could possibly be without being a different car.......

Triggers broom springs to mind peeps.........hope someone buys and looks after my baby.

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
21-03-10, 09:54 PM
I am surprised. Both at selling and also at the price. What's next a diesel family estate? ;)

I thought the price was very good considering?? dunno yet dude!!!

Jim

stamford
22-03-10, 07:20 AM
I thought the price was very good considering?? dunno yet dude!!!

Jim

The price is right if it attracts someone looking for a sorted mk1, most however will just gauge this against a good mk2 where prices are similar. As with any car you seldom get back what you put into it. Yours has quality parts but some will not know the real benefit of this and therefore shy away. A true enthusiast will appreciate the work put in and will look to pay for what has been done already.

I hope you get what you wish for, you never know.

Dan1971
22-03-10, 08:41 AM
Mattie !!!!!

If ever you genuinely wanted a 180 ..... This has to be it !

Boot Hill Bandit
24-03-10, 03:09 PM
Anyone??

Jim

Dan1971
24-03-10, 04:06 PM
You'll just have to keep it pal !

Mission
24-03-10, 05:58 PM
Don't mean to be funny or anything like that me old china, but I personally think your asking way too much for it! There have been some beautifull MKII saloons for sale recently- A cracker went for about £3400 on Piston heads recently, low mileage in VGC and with some mods too (can't remember what they were though!) Please don't take offence to my comments, but i think you need to be knocking atleast £500 off the asking price (maybe more) if were being realistic. Mg's in general just aren't fetching a lot o wedge these days, and modded cars will put some people off too. You may be lucky and get someone who really wants a zs and appreciates what you have done to yours too, but with prices the way they are you may well struggle too.

Boot Hill Bandit
24-03-10, 06:01 PM
You'll just have to keep it pal !

Looks like you might me right dude. Unsure whether that is a good or bad thing at the minute.

The thing that has brought this on is a sudden realisation that Genuine or direct replacement parts are expensive or impossible to get hold of......I've spent thousands and thousands on the Devil and neither do I want some idiot running into me and writing my car off.......I can't replace it or do it all over again once the baby is here and I would be devastated.

I was considering selling this to buy a Jaguar XJS or an XJ instead. Similar running costs but with parts easier to come across too. Wouldn't have been too fussy about mileage as long as the car had been looked after and in good condition.

Guess I am going to be fixing the rear brake caliper and keep the Devil

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
24-03-10, 06:06 PM
Don't mean to be funny or anything like that me old china, but I personally think your asking way too much for it! There have been some beautifull MKII saloons for sale recently- A cracker went for about £3400 on Piston heads recently, low mileage in VGC and with some mods too (can't remember what they were though!) Please don't take offence to my comments, but i think you need to be knocking atleast £500 off the asking price (maybe more) if were being realistic. Mg's in general just aren't fetching a lot o wedge these days, and modded cars will put some people off too. You may be lucky and get someone who really wants a zs and appreciates what you have done to yours too, but with prices the way they are you may well struggle too.

Looks like I am going to be keeping her for a while longer........I'm not selling for less than £3000, no way.........it is worth that all day for someone wanting a fast road car or track toy.

Thanks for comments........

Jim

Supercharged_Z
24-03-10, 06:25 PM
il give you 2500.

can pay at weekend or earlier

Boot Hill Bandit
24-03-10, 06:52 PM
il give you 2500.

can pay at weekend or earlier

It is worth more than that dude :no: try something closer and I will have a think about it very hard. I know it is all 'second hand' now but the Quaiffe diff and complete gearbox rebuild cost me a fortune only a few years back.

I get paid on Friday anyway so I can get the seized rear caliper replaced by the garage so it can be driven.

Jim

Supercharged_Z
24-03-10, 06:57 PM
no bother mate, i value it at 2500 its 10 yr old
you will need to break it to get the money back out of it

Dan1971
24-03-10, 07:13 PM
I'll be honest here .... I think £2500 is a good offer worth considering.

Despite all the bits that you've done .... as you say the bits are all second hand now and have been done over a period of a few years and are very much a personal choice.

I'm sure that you don't want to break it, but I feel that is the only way that you'd get any more cash for it.....

You got it up anywhere else ?

Supercharged_Z
24-03-10, 09:00 PM
51 plate zs 180 range from 1000-1400 quid imo.

as you know you dont make money back on mods, or not all of it.

so your making 1100 quid minimum for what you have done, which isnt what you have spent but as a whole car a 51 plate 180 isnt worth 3k, infact i struggle to see £2500 but the fact it has a diff is what does it for me, but then again i can get a type b for 150 quid and same again for fitting..

if you broke it you would get

box with diff £600
wheels £ 300
Engine £450
manifolds £250
Zorst £120
interior £100
springs £100
bmc £130
brakes £80
bits and bobs £100
then bodywork which probably wouldnt fetch as much as you think.

that totals £2230 i think.. plus the greif of breaking it!! i dont think its as desirable as you may think imo of corse

Ritchy
24-03-10, 09:05 PM
it may be worth 2500, but its worth more to you, same as my car is worth more to me now to sit out in the garden if i got another car, just to look at, after all the blood sweat and tears that just doesnt cover it for me

Dan1971
24-03-10, 09:27 PM
it may be worth 2500, but its worth more to you, same as my car is worth more to me now to sit out in the garden if i got another car, just to look at, after all the blood sweat and tears that just doesnt cover it for me

For a (relative) youngster you've got a good head on your shoulders mate. :beer2:

Ritchy
24-03-10, 09:28 PM
cheers mate:D

Boot Hill Bandit
28-03-10, 06:33 PM
51 plate zs 180 range from 1000-1400 quid imo.

as you know you dont make money back on mods, or not all of it.

so your making 1100 quid minimum for what you have done, which isnt what you have spent but as a whole car a 51 plate 180 isnt worth 3k, infact i struggle to see £2500 but the fact it has a diff is what does it for me, but then again i can get a type b for 150 quid and same again for fitting..

if you broke it you would get

box with diff £600
wheels £ 300
Engine £450
manifolds £250
Zorst £120
interior £100
springs £100
bmc £130
brakes £80
bits and bobs £100
then bodywork which probably wouldnt fetch as much as you think.

that totals £2230 i think.. plus the greif of breaking it!! i dont think its as desirable as you may think imo of corse

£2500 it is yours Ross...........need to replace the rear brake caliper.........soon as I have done that you can come collect it.

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
28-03-10, 10:10 PM
£2500

Boot Hill Bandit
03-04-10, 10:11 AM
No longer for sale. This thread can be locked.

Jim

Jay-ZS+
03-04-10, 10:16 AM
Congrats a 2 seater for you then ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
03-04-10, 10:32 AM
Congrats a 2 seater for you then ;)

Unfortunately not dude as I can't get into the car properly. I sit too high above the windscreen and can't read the dash properly either........plus I have no legroom and with a roof on I am likely to start having panic attacks again lol

Shame really as the F was always the car I wanted from the start and the ZS hatch was kinda the only choice after that from the MG Rover range.......

I am in the process of losing weight again as I haven't been very well.......lost about a stone only another million to go :laugh:

Jim

Dave MGT
03-04-10, 02:31 PM
Good for you Jim. You can go wrong keeping that zs!!!! its a great spec!!! TBH im quite pleased we didnt do a swap because I really dont need another car...lol

stamford
03-04-10, 03:15 PM
Jim, just keep the bloody zed and stop looking! In future if I see another for sale thread I'll lock it! :D

The only way you will better it is if you buy something different and spend silly amounts to keep it going, at least the ZS is cheap to maintain compared with other cars.

You're worse than a bird looking in a shoe shop window!

Boot Hill Bandit
03-04-10, 04:35 PM
Good for you Jim. You can go wrong keeping that zs!!!! its a great spec!!! TBH im quite pleased we didnt do a swap because I really dont need another car...lol

Cheers dude........... got a rear caliper on its way from ebay with a years warranty and ordered some centre caps for the wheels and just cleared the credit card for some coil overs from Mark at Silverstorm AI :icecream: oh and thinking about saving and sorting some throttle bodies for it too as I don't want to be owning this car a year or so more and to have to quickly fit another plenum...........

Jim, just keep the bloody zed and stop looking! In future if I see another for sale thread I'll lock it! :D

The only way you will better it is if you buy something different and spend silly amounts to keep it going, at least the ZS is cheap to maintain compared with other cars.

You're worse than a bird looking in a shoe shop window!

Cheers dude ;) got to say there isn't much out there that tickled my fancy and was as practical and fun..............this car will never have cup holders but we don't eat in my car anyway! Plus.............it's all mine :D

Anyway.............anyone got a spare engine kicking about for some modding? :p

Jim

MG6Turbo
03-04-10, 07:42 PM
I hope you have a big wallet for throttle bodies Jim.

The Jenvey set up dont fit under the bonnet of the zs, and the ones we used on Steves, are the ex WSR touring cars ones, and they cost a fortune.

G

Boot Hill Bandit
03-04-10, 10:01 PM
I hope you have a big wallet for throttle bodies Jim.

The Jenvey set up dont fit under the bonnet of the zs, and the ones we used on Steves, are the ex WSR touring cars ones, and they cost a fortune.

G

Can you tell me more about a Jenvey set up??? I have heard of folks somehow knocking up throttle bodies using motorbike ones and it being a budget way of doing it.

Is this a fairly straightforward mod in terms of bolt on and re mapping?

Jim

Supercharged_Z
03-04-10, 10:22 PM
Can you tell me more about a Jenvey set up??? I have heard of folks somehow knocking up throttle bodies using motorbike ones and it being a budget way of doing it.

Jim

no

Ritchy
03-04-10, 10:28 PM
lol short and sweet, glad your not selling it mate youd be gutted the second you saw it drive away

Supercharged_Z
03-04-10, 10:44 PM
lol short and sweet,

well std ecu prob wouldnt remap around vis.

they seam to be a ****** to fit with fuel rails in the way etc..

results yet to be proven, i think will be good, but these are proper touring car ones, not motorbike ones lol.

MG6Turbo
04-04-10, 05:41 PM

Jim

Jenvey throttle bodies dont fit without cutting a big hole in your bonnet.

G

Boot Hill Bandit
04-04-10, 07:16 PM
Jenvey throttle bodies dont fit without cutting a big hole in your bonnet.

G

Is that a bad thing for a chav like me? :mml:

I bet the engine bay would look awesome with throttle bodies on show :hmmm:

Jim

MG6Turbo
04-04-10, 08:20 PM
Well if you have a spare 7-10k to spend on doing them, then I suppose not !

WSR spent over 30k from start to finish designing and getting there throttle bodies to work !

G

Boot Hill Bandit
04-04-10, 09:32 PM
Well if you have a spare 7-10k to spend on doing them, then I suppose not !

WSR spent over 30k from start to finish designing and getting there throttle bodies to work !

G

Blimey dude!!!!!!! No wonder BTCC is so expensive!!!!! I had no idea!

Is it possible to retro fit a Rover 800 plenum/throttle body onto the later KV6 fitted in the ZS and get rid of the plastic one fitted on the ZS?? Surely even though power may drop it can't be that much can it??

Would be good to get rid of that plenum and have a more reliable way of getting power and torque even if that means a stand alone ECU.

Jim

tb steve
05-04-10, 09:26 AM
well you could map around the vis motors but as for the plenum ???? may be but its gonna cost nice ecu on e-bay tho
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DTA-S80-Pro-Series-ECU-and-a-pair-of-34-pin-connectors_W0QQitemZ200454744221QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2eac08 a89d

MG6Turbo
05-04-10, 11:22 AM
The rover 800 plenum also has a vis system, but i believe it is more reliable than the current one.

Anythings possible, if you have the budget Jim, its just is it worth it?

G

Boot Hill Bandit
18-05-10, 04:57 PM
How about it then folks???

Anyone out there want to buy a very sorted motor??

Just to mention the work that has been done to this car......

Engine change in 2007 along with a PG1 Quaiffe ATB LSD fully rebuilt gearbox (££££!), Janspeed exhaust manifolds and Piper cat back exhaust system, BMC CDA air filter system, Genuine MG Rover clutch, Genuine MG Rover belts and tensioner done and waterpump and thermostat, clutch and plenum, air conditioning re gased!!!!!!!

Since then it has also had......... brand new seat covers fitted 6 months ago and the carpet cleaned and dyed black to make it look fresh, Mintex brake pads and discs all round at Christmas, Superflex polybushes all round, Motobuild lowering springs, 4 nearly new Yokohama Paradas, new rear brake caliper, probably lots of other little bits I have forgotten about too.

This car is much loved by me..........I wouldn't say it is immaculate as it isn't. It is however in very good condition for age and no expense has been spared! I have put a lot of TLC into the car as well as money and I'm sure it is a complete bargain for peeps out there!

You won't find many other cars out there with all the work I have done to it for silly money.

I'm after £3000 but open to offers.

Jim

Now only £2500 or near offers. Contact me via PM or phone 07 881 453 714

Now with 11 months tax also on it ready to go.........

Many Thanks

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
23-05-10, 07:03 PM
Final drop in price to £2250 with the tax and ready to go........

Jim

peterzs
23-05-10, 07:53 PM
Well sorted car for little money, must have cost more for the LSD and the lowering and polybush work. Throw in the manis and exhaust and its a bargain.

Hope it goes to someone who appreciates the mods.

:clap::clap::clap:

Boot Hill Bandit
23-05-10, 08:38 PM
Well sorted car for little money, must have cost more for the LSD and the lowering and polybush work. Throw in the manis and exhaust and its a bargain.

Hope it goes to someone who appreciates the mods.

:clap::clap::clap:

Kind and true words Peter! Thank you.

Just booked my train ticket to Wigan...........

Going to pick up Parsecs Solar Red ZT190+ on 19th June!!! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday indeed! :clap:

Just won a complete Harmon Kardon ICE set up for it on ebay including wiring loom for £250 :music:

Just want to find my baby a good home now. A fair amount of interest but no one coming forward with the money. Got to say..............tragic as it sounds it will be broken for spares on ebay if it isn't gone by the end of June :thumbsdown:

That would be a waste!

Jim

Supercharged_Z
23-05-10, 09:01 PM
tis the only way to make money back on these cars...

good luck :)

Boot Hill Bandit
18-06-10, 04:33 PM
?2000

Many Thanks

Jim

Supercharged_Z
18-06-10, 06:41 PM
should of took my offer

peterzs
18-06-10, 07:26 PM
Pity you cant keep it for a well sorted track day car, Jim.

:):):):)

Boot Hill Bandit
11-07-10, 05:33 PM
Post #1 now updated.........

MG6Turbo
11-07-10, 05:38 PM
Updated but no price Jim !

Would be an ideal track car with the gearbox and suspension mods.

G

Boot Hill Bandit
11-07-10, 05:54 PM
Updated but no price Jim !

Would be an ideal track car with the gearbox and suspension mods.

G

oooops! :blush:

will fix now!

haGGard
11-07-10, 08:36 PM
Wheres this car located? Sorry if its been mentioned

Boot Hill Bandit
11-07-10, 08:47 PM
Wheres this car located? Sorry if its been mentioned

Sittingbourne and you have a PM

mattie007
16-07-10, 05:51 PM
Are you swapping the engine in the ZS with the ZT or did I read it wrong?

Boot Hill Bandit
16-07-10, 09:06 PM
Are you swapping the engine in the ZS with the ZT or did I read it wrong?

I am not swapping anything from the ZS to the ZT. ZS is a great car and I would rather pay out more to fix the ZT than to ruin a perfectly good ZS.

stamford
23-07-10, 05:03 PM
The 'Red Devil' is no longer for sale! :w00t: