PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 120 LOWERING SPRINGS

ZS Phil
23-03-10, 05:56 PM
As per title really, looked all over the internet and I can only find Motobuild ones. Does anybody know of any others out there? Ideally I'd like to buy second hand to keep cost down.
Cheers

grimmy
23-03-10, 05:58 PM
i think ptp still do the Eibach ones.

ZS Phil
23-03-10, 06:27 PM
Are they the lime green x-power ones? From pictures Ive seen, they dont seem to give much of a drop :S

grimmy
23-03-10, 06:29 PM
Are they the lime green x-power ones? From pictures Ive seen, they dont seem to give much of a drop :SYeah the green ones.
I have them on my 180 and there is a good 30mm drop which is quite noticable when sat next to a car on standards not sure about the 120 ones though.

Ritchy
23-03-10, 06:34 PM
ive got xpower springs on mine, there is a bit of a drop that picture was imediatly after fitting mine, theres a set on ebay called abacus springs but dont know the quality

ZS Phil
23-03-10, 06:38 PM
I just had a look at the PTP site and they still do them for the 120 but they say they only drop it by 20-25mm and the 180 ones are no longer available. Im sure they improve handling but to be honest its more of a cosmetic thing as I never push the car to its handling limits anyway.
I guess its a choice between these and the Motobuild ones then, if so I can see me swaying towards the Motobuild ones as they are cheaper and give more of a drop although Im sure the eibach ones will give better handling.
Someone sell me their springs lol!

ZS Phil
23-03-10, 06:39 PM
That photo is interesting richyp, more of a drop than I thought. Ill check out the abacus ones, must admit though Ive never heard of them.

ZS Phil
25-03-10, 10:58 PM
Scrap that idea, ive just bought a mk2 180 so the 120 is unfortunately for sale :(, more details to come.