PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks Bolton Council

Alan.F
25-03-10, 06:58 PM
I would like to thank Bolton Council binmen for being lazy *******s and not moving some bins to enable them to get past my car without hitting it.
Fortunatly most of it has polished out

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2894.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2895.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2896.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2897.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2898.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/IMG_2899.jpg

skyblueads
25-03-10, 07:13 PM
I hope you're taking legal action mate. Not acceptable at all.

Smokey
25-03-10, 07:26 PM
you got proof it was them that hit you or are they just responsible for leaving the bins out?

Alan.F
25-03-10, 07:38 PM
The Neighbours are responsable for leaving bins out my car had been thre all night as i can't park at the front due to double yellows, I know for a fact it was the binmen because the recycle men had been went out and brouhgt that bin in and car was fine after the binmen had been went to do the same and it was damaged but i got no proof

Supercharged_Z
25-03-10, 07:40 PM
proof wouldnt be hard, wait till next week when they turn up to do the bins take pics and match the lines of the scratch to the truck,

SheppeyTrio
25-03-10, 08:17 PM
Have you at least contacted the council to complain and let them know what t**ts they have working for them!?

Alan.F
25-03-10, 09:57 PM
Have you at least contacted the council to complain and let them know what t**ts they have working for them!?

Yes m8 i did had a nice argument with the ***** on the other end the same team did it to a neighbours car before xmas but were seen driving off after doing it

andys1981
25-03-10, 10:01 PM
thats terrible mate,the other day there i noticed they are lasy,as my daughter blew up the microwave,i put it out for the tipper as they recycle,and it was hanging out at the side,could have hit or even fell of the tipper and caused serious damage to a car,take them all the way mate!!

stamford
25-03-10, 10:04 PM
I would attempt to match collision dimensions to that of the truck in question. Once proven I would also inform them that I have called the Police and they are interested as it is leaving the scene of an accident and that someone had seen them drive past. Rattle their cage!

Supercharged_Z
26-03-10, 06:43 AM
I would attempt to match collision dimensions to that of the truck in question. Once proven I would also inform them that I have called the Police and they are interested as it is leaving the scene of an accident and that someone had seen them drive past. Rattle their cage!

good shout, indeed call the old bill get smokey on the case lol

Alan.F
26-03-10, 06:44 AM
The problem is Stamford if it goes to insurance they will write it off. and its not worth much as its been a CAT C previous. Fortunatly most of it has polished out and the mirror cover is intact and undamaged i am getting a new one today from george so its not going to cost me any money to put right

Dan1971
26-03-10, 07:05 AM
Had a similar incident with a bus. They didn't use an insurance co. All they did was ask me to send them a quote for a paint repair - I did - plus £50 for expenses and the cheque came through within a week.

Worth a letter to their transport/fleet dept.

stamford
26-03-10, 07:07 AM
Yea I agree with you there Alan, but these bastards should not be allowed to get away with this, at least follow it up to make the council and depot aware that it happened. No need to involve insurance as it is your call. Just shows the poor level of awareness and lack of respect these people have for 'their customers', we pay their wages out of our taxes!

p_b82
26-03-10, 09:29 AM
my sister had the same thing happen to her by her local bin people... had no proof like you - except it was the right 'day\time' for it to have been them. Other than a compliant there was nothing she could do about it.

Maybe she should have tried Stamfords approach though i certianly will in the future if it were to happen to me...

My problem is that my car gets hit by crap drivers who can't parallel park all the time and there is no way for me to identify which **** did it on each occasion....

It is the one reason i have never bother to get all the paintwork tidied up, as i know it will only last about a week while i live without my own driveway.

Smokie
26-03-10, 11:18 AM
Are you sure your neighbour didn't see them do it? i am sure that if it had happened to my neighbours car i would have noticed something.

peterzs
26-03-10, 01:08 PM
I've got a feeling that some authoritied self insure, the premiums were getting so big they decided that it was cheaper to take the hits and pay out, but also chase for payment if they got hit.

One of our trucks hit a bus in London and I'm sure we were dealing with the operating company direct, not an insurance company.

Dont know how Local Authorities work but wouldn't surprise me if they self insured.

Down here in the local paper, I saw there were 205 claims for damage caused to vehicles by pot holes, how many claims were paid out???????????

None, refused them all.

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

grimmy
26-03-10, 02:11 PM
I work for a local authority and I know we are not self insured we are insured by one of the big companies oh and most local authorities are not responsible for roads any more they are now ppp's also I know a lot of cleansing contracts ie binmen are now private contractors

Alan.F
26-03-10, 04:33 PM
I have followed it up and got my point across to them on the other end of the phone and suprise suprise there is no report been put in by the driver

talkingcars
26-03-10, 06:28 PM
To self insure you have to put up a multi million pound bond, I hope most local authorities don't have that sort of spare cash lying around.

Supercharged_Z
26-03-10, 06:38 PM
roads are now covered by contractors mainly

bins maybe somebody else, however its worth figting!!

talkingcars
26-03-10, 07:10 PM
We as council tax payers have a contract with the local council, it is up to them how they fulfill the contract, however the claim for damages will be with the contractor.

talkingcars
26-03-10, 07:50 PM
We as council tax payers have a contract with the local council, it is up to them how they fulfill the contract, however the claim for damages will be with the contractor.