PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Smokey
08-04-10, 11:26 PM
Just a quick thank you to the guys who recommended I fix my daughter's Xbox 360 myself as opposed to paying a fortune to get a shop to do it.

Took me a couple of hours but it worked first time with no problems!

So thanks for saving me a few quid!

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 03:46 AM
Nice one! The hardest thing first time you do it is getting the case open!

StragglaSteve
09-04-10, 08:19 AM
couldnt you have sent it to xbox to fix it for free?

just have to wait a month for them to send it back :(

Smokey
09-04-10, 08:30 AM
It was years outside it's warranty so sadly no

StragglaSteve
09-04-10, 09:23 AM
oh!

my understanding is that with the older models of xbox 360, the red ring of death was such a common fault that when you get it (and you are pritty much garanteed to get it) they will take your xbox in regardless!

eitherway, you cured the problem yourself so no need to wait a month for repairs! bonus!

Smokey
09-04-10, 09:33 AM
eitherway, you cured the problem yourself so no need to wait a month for repairs! bonus!

Tell me about it, was quite please when it worked first time without any issues.

And Jay, you're right, I took ages getting the case apart!

grimmy
09-04-10, 02:04 PM
oh!

my understanding is that with the older models of xbox 360, the red ring of death was such a common fault that when you get it (and you are pritty much garanteed to get it) they will take your xbox in regardless!

the extended warranty ran to consoles up to three years old after that you have to pay for repairs