PDA

View Full Version : A little shopping......

Boot Hill Bandit
09-04-10, 04:01 PM
Well since I am keeping the Devil I thought I would carry on spending :shutup:

So I bought a pair of Rover 45 clear headlamps from the ZWarehouse on ebay........only £30 for both!!! :beer:

Also bought some small centrecaps to go in the straights and keep the wheelnuts on show :)

Also found some seat backs at the scrap yard which have pockets in just to be different since I broke them getting them off to fit the new seat covers in the New Year :king:

Finally my reconditioned rear brake caliper is here too so I haven't got long to wait until the garage can fit that and replace the brake fluid in the system :D

So many ideas for my car now it is untrue! Just need more money and time and a spot of warm weather when I have got the time as I want to remove both the front bumper and rear one and stop the sagging :laugh:

Anyone else been treating their ZS for the summer????

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
09-04-10, 04:16 PM
good buy on the lights! I just got a set from the local breakers for £25 each

Boot Hill Bandit
09-04-10, 04:21 PM

Same as dude I was shocked to see them brand new for sale at that price lol.

Jim

Nats Whiskas
09-04-10, 04:28 PM

Jim

Haha I suppose you could say that! Just bought a new engine, 180 front end and splitter and am gonna be repairing the small tears in seats and rust on rear arch come some warm weather!!

Cant sell it so may as well have some fun!!

Boot Hill Bandit
09-04-10, 04:39 PM
Haha I suppose you could say that! Just bought a new engine, 180 front end and splitter and am gonna be repairing the small tears in seats and rust on rear arch come some warm weather!!

Cant sell it so may as well have some fun!!

Good for you dude...........PX mine is worth £1300 :laugh:

Talking from experience...........if you have any performance mods planned for this engine you are getting such as any headwork or replacing the HG just in case..........do it BEFORE you fit it back in the car or you would have lost the chance of doing the work easier and to some extent cheaper!

Good luck dude with it all!!!! Just so you know the new Hammerite rust treatment gel is amazing and apparently an almost certain 'fix and forget' solution. I do believe it is the same formula that was developed by Bilt Hamber Industries in Essex (one of two things which is this and the 'Essex Bird' :happy2: )

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
09-04-10, 05:03 PM

does making it move under its own power for the first time ever count? :mml:

Rocket Red
09-04-10, 05:47 PM

I was well chuffed to get a pair in my narest scrapie for £15 the pair only to have the stupid little s**t that works there break them trying to "rip" them out :wall:

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 05:47 PM
I will be treating mine to it's third engine soon, then will be lookin to strip it out in hope to improve fuel economy ;):laugh:

will-w
09-04-10, 05:53 PM
Going to have to make the most of this summer as the Zed will be gone before next; got a BMC CDA waiting to go on (once I've got the hoses sorted).. Would like a set of 11 spokes but doubt it'll happen!

Also planning a little DIY lighting modification - providing I can find spares to use!

Jim: You'll have to show me how that rust stuff works, I've got some under mine that needs sorting!

Nats Whiskas
09-04-10, 06:14 PM
I will be treating mine to it's third engine soon, then will be lookin to strip it out in hope to improve fuel economy ;):laugh:

yeahhhh fuel economy... thats the main reason your doing this isnt it!! the extra performance is just a nasty side effect of it all :rambo::rambo:

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 06:22 PM
yeahhhh fuel economy... thats the main reason your doing this isnt it!! the extra performance is just a nasty side effect of it all :rambo::rambo:

Well that side of it hadn't crossed my mind :rofl:

Maxfly
09-04-10, 06:47 PM
Mine is getting her wee treats now that the Scrote has settled doon
First fitted the lowering springs and got her 4 wheel aligned, then was on with a pair of new reluctor rings and today popped on the new front discs and pads that she desperatley needed!! Oh and new windscreen went in today too:D
Coming up, a session with Steve Cleenz, get round to fitting headlamp washers, new rear badge and the big belt service:)

talkingcars
09-04-10, 07:35 PM
My brakes need sorting, 2 are sticking and I'm getting random ABS sessions, the drivers door window needs a new runner and I've trashed my front tyres. AND SOMEONE DENTED MY FRONT WING WHILE THE CAR WAS PARKED OUTSIDE THIS WEEK!

On the fun side I got a BMC before christmas, a carbon fibre catch tank and am in the middle of doing a battery to boot conversion so I can do a custom filter fit. I've also got to wire up the heated drivers seat that I fitted at christmas, last year, 2008! Other than that there is a decat to buy and a remap.

Also the T16 needs lots of TLC, the ZR needs some bits doing, the F needs titilating and the R111 needs an MOT................

stamford
09-04-10, 07:49 PM
Sounds like you'll be busy TC!

What do I have planned..........

I've got a few metres of battery cable myself this week so I can resite the battery in the rear footwell, found my race battery box as well.
Got some more lightening to do, going to look at striping the air-con out.
Belts are waiting to be booked in with Russell once the money has come through.
Rear suspension braces to get.
Looking to get coilovers, if money permits ;)
Steel racing arches being hunted down.
Remap to get tweaked.

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 07:59 PM
There was a guy on rovertech doing rear braces that I was going to get when I strip mine.

Ritchy
09-04-10, 08:34 PM
liking everyones lists:D

ive got a K&N panel filter coming, do a bit more interior lighting, soundproofing(yeah im the opposite) reroute my cold airfeed, get my new door handles painted eventualy, paint my centre consol shiney grey:) few services i guess too, maybe get a new clutch as well got a new flywheel sitting there, high lift cam as well maybe alloy manifold with a 52mm throttle but only if i do the head gasket at the same time, timing belt

wow looking at that list thats a lot of money...maybe i should get a new bike n start cycling again

Boot Hill Bandit
09-04-10, 08:37 PM
does making it move under its own power for the first time ever count? :mml:

I would say that will be one of the 'stories of the year' on this forum alongside Steves WSR throttle bodied ZS and Ross' Supercharged ZS getting the internals changed and that car becoming stronger than ever.

I was well chuffed to get a pair in my narest scrapie for £15 the pair only to have the stupid little s**t that works there break them trying to "rip" them out :wall:

ZWarehouse on ebay........£30 for two brand new Rover 45 headlamp units delivered rapido too!!!

You are a crap liar Jay and you know it :laugh: make it a good engine mate and a reliable one and you have a car for life dude! Even if you sold it it would sell well to a BTCC fan......

Going to have to make the most of this summer as the Zed will be gone before next; got a BMC CDA waiting to go on (once I've got the hoses sorted).. Would like a set of 11 spokes but doubt it'll happen!

Also planning a little DIY lighting modification - providing I can find spares to use!

Jim: You'll have to show me how that rust stuff works, I've got some under mine that needs sorting!

Course I can dude.............amazing stuff and happy to help you or anyone else out on here if I can.

Jim

Marky Mark
09-04-10, 09:14 PM
Bucket seats for me, and stripping out the rear seats etc.

Mick let me know how you get on with the air- con, and how easy it is too get shot of please.

As I am removing the speaker parcel shelf, want to modify the speakers and make up some light MDF for them to fit into, but I may just make do with the front speakers, but I love my music!

Trip to Matt Reidy for a remap :fun:

Boot Hill Bandit
09-04-10, 09:19 PM
Bucket seats for me, and stripping out the rear seats etc.

Mick let me know how you get on with the air- con, and how easy it is too get shot of please.

As I am removing the speaker parcel shelf, want to modify the speakers and make up some light MDF for them to fit into, but I may just make do with the front speakers, but I love my music!

Trip to Matt Reidy for a remap :fun:

I must do the same soon!!! Can't say there is going to be very much more engine wise for me unless I can get rid of that plastic plenum!

Jim

Marky Mark
09-04-10, 09:26 PM
I must do the same soon!!! Can't say there is going to be very much more engine wise for me unless I can get rid of that plastic plenum!

Jim

The only extra thing I would do to the engine now is Janspeed mani's but they are soooo expensive and the timescale for gettting them made is ridiculous.

I may look at having the standard mani's ported, but need to look at it more, not sure if it's been done? Keep looking to see if any mani's come up for sale on the forums and eBay but nowt as of yet! :(

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 09:33 PM
You are a crap liar Jay and you know it :laugh: make it a good engine mate and a reliable one and you have a car for life dude! Even if you sold it it would sell well to a BTCC fan......

Yer well im hoping that george will come through for me with a salvage zs.

Some manis would be nice but as mentioned it cost involved.

Marky Mark
09-04-10, 09:40 PM
Some manis would be nice but as mentioned it cost involved.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have been looking for nearly a year now, but they rarely come up secondhand!

Your project sounds interesting Jay, gonna be a nice weekend to get out there and start bits too our cars..... :snap:

Supercharged_Z
09-04-10, 09:44 PM
all this talk of zs's is making me want to go and look in my garage..... to see what might be there

Jay-ZS+
09-04-10, 09:55 PM
all this talk of zs's is making me want to go and look in my garage..... to see what might be there

Hear you were in my area today ;)

Supercharged_Z
09-04-10, 10:08 PM
Hear you were in my area today ;)

yeah i came to see the beach at weston ;)

or somthing like that

ZS Phil
09-04-10, 11:04 PM
Good for you dude...........PX mine is worth £1300 :laugh:

Talking from experience...........if you have any performance mods planned for this engine you are getting such as any headwork or replacing the HG just in case..........do it BEFORE you fit it back in the car or you would have lost the chance of doing the work easier and to some extent cheaper!

Good luck dude with it all!!!! Just so you know the new Hammerite rust treatment gel is amazing and apparently an almost certain 'fix and forget' solution. I do believe it is the same formula that was developed by Bilt Hamber Industries in Essex (one of two things which is this and the 'Essex Bird' :happy2: )

Jim

Some sound advice there lol!

Zippy Saloon
10-04-10, 04:44 AM
My brakes need sorting, 2 are sticking and I'm getting random ABS sessions
Snap!
Mines doing that, if you come off the brakes and back on they're ok. Kept foot on yesterday when it did it and not sure if it is ABS or just some other kind of roughness. Doesn't feel as if its both fronts, just the nearside possibly.
Got discs and pads so hope to be having a look later on, also got new reluctor rings but hope not to be having to do those.

10/4/10
Update, discs and pads done, but found out both reluctor rings have gone and one of the calipers is virtually seized - all comes at once! :(