PDA

View Full Version : The Pod GOD is back!!!

Supercharged_Z
10-04-10, 08:26 PM
Well i went to santa pod today in a well known zs on this forum.

i thought it would do a 14.6, and my first run was a 14.6, but somthing i noticed is that the car felt gutless over 5krpm... a little more investagation showed the induction kit was disconnected from the silicone, on the 90 degree bend that comes of the throttle body.... i nipped to halfords but no hose clips, lucky for me i live 30 mins away so nipped hope fixed and went back...

Best time of the day....13.8 which as far as i know is a record for a nasp ZS... heck it suprised me... but as soon as i had the induction kit fitted back i knew it was going to be loads better, and it was just shows how restrictive they are.

anyway back to the 13.8, its only .3 of my best time with my old supercharged car, which was probably 30 kgs lighter... however this one does have cams and janspeed manis lightweight flywheel as well as many other mods

i never changed any settings for today either, tyre pressures were as i got them, as was everything else all i did was check the oil!!!

raised a few eyebrows at pod anyway, i hadnt been for nearly 2 years..

so i think i now have both fastest FI zs @ pod and fastest Nasp too :)

Jay-ZS+
10-04-10, 08:34 PM
Blimey that's a good result, knew it was quick but 0.3 off a SC zed is impressive.

Boot Hill Bandit
10-04-10, 08:41 PM
Well i went to santa pod today in a well known zs on this forum.

i thought it would do a 14.6, and my first run was a 14.6, but somthing i noticed is that the car felt gutless over 5krpm... a little more investagation showed the induction kit was disconnected from the silicone, on the 90 degree bend that comes of the throttle body.... i nipped to halfords but no hose clips, lucky for me i live 30 mins away so nipped hope fixed and went back...

Best time of the day....13.8 which as far as i know is a record for a nasp ZS... heck it suprised me... but as soon as i had the induction kit fitted back i knew it was going to be loads better, and it was just shows how restrictive they are.

anyway back to the 13.8, its only .3 of my best time with my old supercharged car, which was probably 30 kgs lighter... however this one does have cams and janspeed manis lightweight flywheel as well as many other mods

i never changed any settings for today either, tyre pressures were as i got them, as was everything else all i did was check the oil!!!

raised a few eyebrows at pod anyway, i hadnt been for nearly 2 years..

so i think i now have both fastest FI zs @ pod and fastest Nasp too :)

which car are we talking about dude??? and are you the new owner??? a little vague and confused here lol

Jim

Supercharged_Z
10-04-10, 08:42 PM
which car are we talking about dude??? and are you the new owner??? a little vague and confused here lol

Jim

hehe yes!! i am the new owner..

Dave MGT's zs 180 saloon

stamford
10-04-10, 09:44 PM
You kept that quiet ;)

Good work too!

Supercharged_Z
10-04-10, 10:08 PM
You kept that quiet ;)

Good work too!

i droped a few hints but you had to know lol.. i dont spose many knew Dave was actually looking to get rid..

its a nice car, all credit to him hes done it as good as it could be,... shame about the damage but i got that in hand.. i dont spose it helped at pod lol i can fit my finger thrugh the gap with the door shut

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/zs1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/zs2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/zs3.jpg

carmadbaker
10-04-10, 11:25 PM
Good times mate! very impressed :D
Very good times for a tinkered V6.....

so i think i now have both fastest FI zs @ pod :)

Not for long dude....not for long ;):rb:

Supercharged_Z
10-04-10, 11:27 PM
Good times mate! very impressed :D
Very good times for a tinkered V6.....

Not for long dude....not for long ;):rb:

il change it to KV6 lol....

Dave MGT
11-04-10, 03:09 AM
ross good work.
I knew it was going to be the quickest nasp but considering the weight still in it thats a good time.
Dam im still not sure i did the right thing selling it!! but all good things come to a end I guess. Im guna stop typing now as im quite pi55ed

Maxxed_Ross
11-04-10, 06:30 AM
very impressive! Well done

Boot Hill Bandit
11-04-10, 06:34 AM
ross good work.
I knew it was going to be the quickest nasp but considering the weight still in it thats a good time.
Dam im still not sure i did the right thing selling it!! but all good things come to a end I guess. Im guna stop typing now as im quite pi55ed

you replacing it with another ZS or is this it for you??? Onto another marque or something??

Jim

Gazza
11-04-10, 09:12 AM
Nice result Ross

GTMSpyder
11-04-10, 09:17 AM
Ross - I'm taking your old car to Bedford on 26th for its first trackday since the forgies were fitted - why dont you bring you new one along and you can have a drive of you old one too....

Supercharged_Z
11-04-10, 09:20 AM
Ross - I'm taking your old car to Bedford on 26th for its first trackday since the forgies were fitted - why dont you bring you new one along and you can have a drive of you old one too....

Hi Dave,

who is that booked through? might book it up... i fancy a little go round track soon.. should probably fix damage first though lol

tb steve
11-04-10, 10:09 AM
well done ross :)

how did the nasp beet the sc would it just be the set up ??

Supercharged_Z
11-04-10, 10:40 AM
well done ross :)

how did the nasp beet the sc would it just be the set up ??

it diddnt beat it it was .3 of of it.

im not sure if thats a good or bad thing tbh, this nasp zs has 211bhp aparently, so its 40-50 bhp of the supercharged one.

the conditions at pod were near perfect which makes a difference, and this car has a diff, which makes a difference imo.

that said with only .3 of the supercharged car which weigh's a lot less as it was a hatch does make you wonder... personally i think the charged car's intake temps were to high to make full use of the extra power, this nasp zs is only 3mph behind it.. which isnt really a lot.

food for thought mind you, i am quite suprised it ran a 13.8.. might stick 50shot of nos on there, lose some weight and go again..

Ritchy
11-04-10, 10:42 AM
maybe the added weight helped with traction off the line a bit:)
bet your pleased with your car though

Supercharged_Z
11-04-10, 10:43 AM
maybe the added weight helped with traction off the line a bit:)
bet your pleased with your car though

i think the fact it only had 211 bhp helped me of the line, as well as the diff.

its actually a heavy car, all soundproofing still in it, headlining, door cards, big battery, got knows how much filler in the front bumper, the seat is quite lightweight but as i found out when changing it to suit my style the subframe weighs loads..

tb steve
11-04-10, 10:46 AM
opps i read as the wrong way round

i bet your glad you waited for the right car now

Ritchy
11-04-10, 10:49 AM
guess it is all putting the power down at the end of the day:)

Jay-ZS+
11-04-10, 10:59 AM
got knows how much filler in the front bumper,

There is a fair bit, def weighs more than std, weight wasn't an issue on the 120 with that boot install.

MG6Turbo
11-04-10, 11:12 AM
Ross, well done for the nasp zs record. I fear your Fi record will be broken shortly, albeit with less cylinders and 700 cc less too !

Be afraid, be very afraid, a new zs is on the horizon.

Coming to a track near you soon ! See you at bedford Ross !

G

Dave MGT
11-04-10, 11:17 AM
Ross those frames arent light at all. I would ditch them. Like you say theres still a lot of weight in the car. bet the rear spoiler didnt help much either scooping all that air.
The front bumper does have quite a lot of filler! Jay will tell you that...:)

With a bit more height and stiffness on the rear and weight removed I recon a 13.6 would be poss

Did you run the sc car with r888s? I guess you ran it yesterday with the road tyres...?

Glad it turned a few heads :punk:

Dave MGT
11-04-10, 11:29 AM
you replacing it with another ZS or is this it for you??? Onto another marque or something??

Jim

Who knows, I might get another zs sometime. Been looking at a few things (DC5 mainly) but nothing would replace it performance wise for the money I want to spend, plus I have the monty turbo which is now about 230bhp+ and 1060kg std so I still have a quick MG :)
Might just get a ZR160 for everyday use (and the odd trackday)

Supercharged_Z
11-04-10, 12:44 PM
Ross those frames arent light at all. I would ditch them. Like you say theres still a lot of weight in the car. bet the rear spoiler didnt help much either scooping all that air.
The front bumper does have quite a lot of filler! Jay will tell you that...:)

With a bit more height and stiffness on the rear and weight removed I recon a 13.6 would be poss

Did you run the sc car with r888s? I guess you ran it yesterday with the road tyres...?

Glad it turned a few heads :punk:

i dont think the car has any more to give in its current format, it was very consistant in its terminals and times, needs weight loss which may gain a tenth or two if i was lucky.

i posted a 13.5 on r888's but to be honest i was spot on with my 60fts yesterday with 2.1 exactly what i got with the supercharged zs, r888's dont really help at pod.

50 shot of nos and a good day with good conditions with more weight loss might see a 13.5/4 if i was lucky.

George, i dont mind what you do with your project.

who says im going to bedford ;) i need to get some pads first and fix my damage!!

GTMSpyder
11-04-10, 06:30 PM
Hi Ross,

Bedford on 26th is being run by Circuit Days - £169 open pit...

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/tracks.asp

You up for it too George?

Anyone else?

MG6Turbo
11-04-10, 06:46 PM
I hope to be there.

G

Ritchy
11-04-10, 06:50 PM
Ross, well done for the nasp zs record. I fear your Fi record will be broken shortly, albeit with less cylinders and 700 cc less too !

Be afraid, be very afraid, a new zs is on the horizon.

Coming to a track near you soon ! See you at bedford Ross !

G

dunno what yer talking about george but i expect a full thread for it once all is done:D

MG6Turbo
11-04-10, 06:56 PM
It would be nice for a project section to be made on this site, for peoples projects etc.

My project surrounds a black 120 hatch..

It should go quite well for a 1.8 when im finished with it.

G

Ritchy
11-04-10, 07:01 PM
It would be nice for a project section to be made on this site, for peoples projects etc.

G

+1 please mick thankk you:P

stamford
11-04-10, 08:37 PM
Try looking again ;)

Ritchy
11-04-10, 08:40 PM
well i know there is one now because george has posted in it lol, il double check though:P

Ritchy
11-04-10, 08:41 PM
Try looking again ;)

alright then, maybe there was one already..maybe there was...

p_b82
11-04-10, 11:13 PM
impressive times there....

Is that Jay's modded front splitter? if not it looks dammed sexy all the same, and the extra weight is worth it :)

Really ought to get my car to pod at some point, when it is eventually running with some form of reliability!

Dave ZS-X
13-04-10, 08:14 PM
blummingheck ross thats some going, very impressive.
I expected good results from the lightweight flywheel and lightweight wheels combo but i didnt quite expect that kind of performance, thats genuinely quick (M3 pace) and with a car thats probably still 1100 kilos by the sounds of it.
I know you can get the best out of a zs at santa pod but still the flywheel looks to be giving 4-5 tenths of a second on its own, thats brilliant !!
Without the flywheel I would have expected 14.2/3 from that car so it looks like flywheels are the new top mod, lol.
I think this is the first time anyone has actually proven a gain from the flywheel, imo you cant argue with figures like that.

Dave

p.s what top speed did it make, about 100 mph?

Supercharged_Z
14-04-10, 03:14 PM
blummingheck ross thats some going, very impressive.
I expected good results from the lightweight flywheel and lightweight wheels combo but i didnt quite expect that kind of performance, thats genuinely quick (M3 pace) and with a car thats probably still 1100 kilos by the sounds of it.
I know you can get the best out of a zs at santa pod but still the flywheel looks to be giving 4-5 tenths of a second on its own, thats brilliant !!
Without the flywheel I would have expected 14.2/3 from that car so it looks like flywheels are the new top mod, lol.
I think this is the first time anyone has actually proven a gain from the flywheel, imo you cant argue with figures like that.

Dave

p.s what top speed did it make, about 100 mph?

Hi Dave,

I was shocked myself, i thought it would run a 14.6 due to being a saloon..

i think shes more 1140 kg's but il weigh her soon.

the car turns over faster with the flywheel, all runs were consistant at 99mph. had 1 run at 100.

good going i thought for a nasp car